Photo

RRU meetups?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

PWNZOR

This is my issue. I already have to make a 45 minute trip one way to school starting January, and since I don't drive mom and dad have to take me. This on top of an already busy schedule and how I get questioned for being in a Skype call unless I do it when I am home alone makes a meetup (which I would like to do) highly unlikely unless a "miracle" (and I use that term loosely) happens.

Oh, and location doesn't help the cause.

Greetings from rural Georgia.

That about sums me up as well, though the Skype call isn't an issue (though I am super busy). I live in [sub]urban Georgia, so you're probably the closest to me.

The Ace Railgun

I am in CO but I'm on the western side of the mountains. 

I'm on the Eastern side, more towards the plains. But I travel to the mountains quite often to ski maybe we can meet up when i'm up in the mountains some time.

le717

That about sums me up as well, though the Skype call isn't an issue (though I am super busy). I live in [sub]urban Georgia, so you're probably the closest to me.

Do you work at the Northpoint Mall or Sugarloaf Mills store? Because I was at the latter late November.
  • PWNZOR thanked this

PWNZOR

Do you work at the Northpoint Mall or Sugarloaf Mills store? Because I was at the latter late November.

Yep, Sugarloaf Mills is where I work. I live ~30 minutes away from it.

BobaFett2

BobaFett2

Game Design Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

I'll be going to Rochester Institute of Technology (in upstate New York) starting in fall 2014 so maybe I'll meet Alcom there.

Joe9412

Joe9412

Master of Pie

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

There needs to be an RRU convention. If only someone was rich enough to host the thing and was able to pay for everybody who wants to attend..

Drill Master

Drill Master

Drill Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Well I just went to the homepage for the Indianapolis Convention Center. Here is the Event Booking Form.

https://www.dropbox....10-09-27-20.png

However, they don't list prices until after I fill out the form, and since I don't have any money, I couldn't possibly pay for everything like hotel reservations and such for everyone.

TheDoctor

There needs to be an RRU convention.

A convention of parents.

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts
Went to Brickfair Alabama today and met Brigs, a friend from LU. Quite fun. Not an RRU member, but he should be. ;P

ProfessorBrickkeeper

ProfessorBrickkeeper

Keeper of the Bricks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Went to Brickfair Alabama today and met [Not an RRU member, but he should be. ;P

Actually it looks like he did join at one point and made a few comments but never actually posted anything. Here is his profile.

Pereki

Pereki

Resident Boring Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

That’s in August, though, and since I don’t know yet where I’ll be going to college next year I could at best make only tentative plans. In the end I may not be able to go at all, but in that case I may end up closer to another event.

Just quickly following up on this to say that it looks as if in all likelihood I will be moving away from Pennsylvania this fall, making a trip to BrickFair rather impractical.

Maybe some other possibility will arise at some point.