Photo

Xiron's LR2 Mods

Hud Texture Font Script Misc WRL Additional Bricks Laser Fence

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Winter is here... (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Which World Should I Cover in Snow Next?

1. Sandy Bay (6 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

2. Dino Island (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. Arctic (???) (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. Xalax (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Xiron

I almost considered doing a green (polluted) river instead of lava.

Also, I just fixed an illogical bug with Devastated Island (which evidently no one tried it yet if it is unreported). If the file \GAME DATA\COMMON\SKYBOX\DEFAULT SKY BOX_RT.MIP is unedited, the game crashes. Even just taking the original file, resaving it, and then replacing (which is what I did) fixes the problem. If someone can explain what is happening here (because I have no idea), that would be nice.

Xiron

Two new simple but useful mods released! Speechless Sparky and Hudless and/or Arrowless. Check OP for videos on them.

• le717 thanked this

Shadowblaze

Hey, Xiron, can I be a beta tester for the Repositioned Golden Bricks and Bonus Vortexes mod?

By the way, the Speechless Sparky mod download doesn't work. To me, at least.

Xiron

Hey, Xiron, can I be a beta tester for the Repositioned Golden Bricks and Bonus Vortexes mod?

By the way, the Speechless Sparky mod download doesn't work. To me, at least.

Done and fixed.

Shadowblaze

Have you planned making new racetracks?

Xiron

Not yet, but only because terrain and moddel modding is not yet possible.

Shadowblaze

Not yet, but only because terrain and moddel modding is not yet possible.

I didn't mean making new maps, just repositioning the checkpoints. You already changed the golden brick position and stuff, changing checkpoints shouldn't be much harder.

Xiron

Uh, yes it is actually; first there is a whole bunch of AI points which I stil l haven't figured out am looking into, and then there is mulitple things to change in the checkpoint. Those being:

1. Visual Position
  2. 4 points for the Pass Thru point, one for each coner (making a quad). This is what you have to pass through for checkpoint to register.
  3. Where the guide arrow points

For objects, it is just a simple one location move.

And then I also have the pits to move, and weapon pickups, and then also deciding what additional objects/obstacles to add to make the track more interesting.

So yeah, a lot of work for custom route.

• WillKirkby thanked this

Shadowblaze

Ok, so I think you are waiting for a tool to edit that file more easily. You could at least try making one test.

The quote function is messed up, is it?

Xiron

Addition Brick Colors mod almost ready, but first, a few questions due to their being brick a limit (444) and most of it is used by default. Are there any specific colors you would like to see of any existing brick or chassis? Any I should remove? Should Purple and Pink be included? And most importantly, who ate the fries?

The current existing features are:

+Orange and green that pre-existed now have all generic sqaure and slope sizes, not just a few.

+Purple & Brown squares (eg. 2x4) and slopes

+A few new chassis colors and random misc bricks.

-a few unpopular chassises

Jsyk, one color takes up 18 slots if all slopes and squares/rectagles are included. If any other new colors were to be included, I think for sure gray+darkgray and pink would be on the list. I may not include some new uncommonly used slopes to make room for these sqaures colors.

And one more thing. See what this mod has done to the pre-existing vehicles? Well once I release this mod I'll need you to send me in your own designs with this pack so I can replace them with fresh new designs! How do you do this you ask? Easy. Make a vehicle in the in game creator, save your game when done, and send me your save file! I'll do the rest of the work. Perhaps I'll make this a competition... maybe. So stick around!

Shadowblaze

I think you should add the different colors for the rama cars' chassis. The rama wheels aren't hard to replace manually so just provide the textures with different colors. Or something.

Also, purple? Why? No one uses purple. You could put beige instead.

You shouldn't really put the 3x4 slope bricks, no one uses them. Well, I don't, at least.

O.T.
Did you write "Challenge Acceptead" on purpose?

• Xiron thanked this

Xiron

Alright, so any important colors I'm missing?

How could anyone use it anyway if it is non-existant? :P

But on a more serious note, I'm just trying to put as many variety of colours possible I guess. Beige and a different tone of green were originally there, because the textures for them already existed, but due to the limit have been replaced with purple and brown.

I think I may sometimes use those. How about the tall 2x1 ones? I don't use those myself.

O.T.
That was the picture's name, so I used it because why not use something fitting?

Shadowblaze

How could anyone use it anyway if it is non-existant? :P

What

Beige and a different tone of green were originally there, because the textures for them already existed, but due to the limit have been replaced with purple and brown.

You could have made all the different brick types of beige and green. Especially green because it's one of the most requested colors, you know.

I think I may sometimes use those.

You could use the 2x3 instead.

How about the tall 2x1 ones? I don't use those myself.

Actually they're quite useful, they look kinda cool too.

le717

The current existing features are:
-a few unpopular chassises

Such as... ?

See what this mod has done to the pre-existing vehicles?

No, I don't see. What is messed up other than that flag sticking out the side?

Xiron

Such as... ?

No, I don't see. What is messed up other than that flag sticking out the side?

Well, actually. They may not be unpopular, how should I know? It isn't like LR2 is a hot VG that has thousands of videos, or that there has been a poll. The ones I removed I haven't really seen used, if someone says they love on the ones I removed, I wouldn't hesitate to put any back.

Tbh the only one I remember removing was the bulky post van one.

Everything is out of place, the bricks aren't even correct, also aside from the flag, there is also a 2x4 brick in the front tire (not that that matters, all that matters is that all vehicles are messed up).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hud, Texture, Font, Script, Misc, WRL, Additional Bricks, Laser Fence