Photo

Xiron's LR2 Mods

Hud Texture Font Script Misc WRL Additional Bricks Laser Fence

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Winter is here... (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Which World Should I Cover in Snow Next?

1. Sandy Bay (6 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

2. Dino Island (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. Arctic (???) (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. Xalax (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Xiron

Here are mods I am currently working on. Bunch of spoilers cause lots of big (not SUPER large...) images.

Devastated Island (Dino Island Retexture)

Spoiler
Download.

LEGO Racers Font
Spoiler
Download Font (goes in FONTS folder)

Speechless Sparky:
Spoiler
Download: http://rrubucket.s3....arky_663810.zip

Hudless Arrowless
Spoiler
Download: http://rrubucket.s3....less_415648.zip

WIP

Repositioned Golden Bricks and Bonus Vortexes:
I already finished Sandy Bay-Arctic, while not all of these have been tested so far the results have been good. Let me know if you want to be a tester. ;)

Additional Bricks Colors:
Spoiler

Repositioned Hud
Spoiler

Alternate Lazer Fence (Pit) Colours
http://rrubucket.s3....lour_349696.zip

Unique Music Everywhere

See this topic.

• Cirevam, jamesster, Biorune and 7 others thanked this

Modded Lego

Modded Lego

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Cool I like the new HUD and the Devistated Island Pictures, Nice Job! :af:

BobaFett2

BobaFett2

Wannabe Fan Game Dev

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

I really like the Dino Island.

Biorune

The Dino Island's brilliant. I like the retextured Sandy Bay too, reminds me very much of LR1.

RobExplorien

Me like new HUD. The green arrow may be removed too, though not being part of the HUD itself.

JimbobJeffers

This is excellent, keep up the good work! I agree with everyone else, Dino Island looks pretty amazing. My only suggestion: the waterfall would look pretty neat if it was changed to lava. But that's probably not to everyone's liking, so meh.

How did you get those camera shots for the Dino Island mod?

Xiron

Cool I like the new HUD and the Devistated Island Pictures, Nice Job! :af:

:D

The Dino Island's brilliant. I like the retextured Sandy Bay too, reminds me very much of LR1.

I may just consider doing a release of it now. ;)

Me like new HUD. The green arrow may be removed too, though not being part of the HUD itself.

Yeah, I do that sometimes (by replacing the arrow model with an invisible one.. or something like that)

This is excellent, keep up the good work! I agree with everyone else, Dino Island looks pretty amazing. My only suggestion: the waterfall would look pretty neat if it was changed to lava. But that's probably not to everyone's liking, so meh.

How did you get those camera shots for the Dino Island mod?

My original plan WAS to make it a lava fall, but unfortunately one thing stopped me, Dino Island and Sandy Bay share their water. If I could figure out which file is the model for the world, I MAY be able to change that, because I can with the rest of the .md2 models.

------

My Cheat Engine File.

A combo of the "Game Paused" and the "Camera Location & Rotation" cheats. The "Game Paused" cheat is to have the game paused without the menu being there + no darkened screen, because while the game is running the camera tries to go back to the car's position. (Also, I have hotkeys binded to camera movement, so I don't have to manually enter values.)

I've been thinking of doing a LR2 Modding Essentials version of my CE file recently.

Well, everyone seems to really like the devastated island. It has been mentioned in almost every post.

Xiron

Good news for my Devastated Island texture! I found a way to make it not use the same material as Sandy Bay's water via WRL editing!

• Cirevam thanked this

Cirevam

I just downloaded the font and I will try it out as it's looking good, but you know RRU has a file uploader, right? It might be nice to host them here in case the other links go down.

Xiron

I did consider the uploader, but wasn't sure if I should yet or not. I think I will upload it there when I have the final version. Completed sheet. Now on RRU!
Pus I still have files that are at least 4 years old that are still up, so I wouldn't be to worried. ;)

P.S. If anyone can help me figure out how to save it in 8 bbp format (like greyscale) without getting the black background, that would be nice, so I don't have to use transparency and the file size can be smaller.

le717

Repositioned Hud

-snip-

I liked the HUD in one of your videos better. I'll have to find it again.

EDIT:

Xiron

Repositioned Hud

-snip-

I liked the HUD in one of your videos better. I'll have to find it again.

EDIT:

-snip-

What part of it? The position of the upgrades, MPH, or brick boost, etc? Also in the current, I will definitely do something about the weapon icon, either moving or shrinking it.

Merdon

Merdon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
Devastated Island reminds me of Blockland v0002/RTB v1.045. Something about the textures feels nostalgic.

Xiron

An update for Devastated Island has come, and a download is now also available, as well as video showing it off!
Please report any problems: Ex. Game crashes when loading world.

P.S. No, I won't upload it to RRU uploader until I'm sure I won't be updating it for a while, so don't bug me about it.
  • le717, JimbobJeffers and Car CrazeXVI thanked this

RobExplorien

Oh wow, I love that camera angle viewing the whole island model. Now I want to view the other worlds with that angle too. And good job polluting and dumping toxic waste on that island, it certainly helped.

Xiron

I almost considered doing a green (polluted) river instead of lava.

Also, I just fixed an illogical bug with Devastated Island (which evidently no one tried it yet if it is unreported). If the file \GAME DATA\COMMON\SKYBOX\DEFAULT SKY BOX_RT.MIP is unedited, the game crashes. Even just taking the original file, resaving it, and then replacing (which is what I did) fixes the problem. If someone can explain what is happening here (because I have no idea), that would be nice.

Xiron

Two new simple but useful mods released! Speechless Sparky and Hudless and/or Arrowless. Check OP for videos on them.

• le717 thanked this

Shadowblaze

Hey, Xiron, can I be a beta tester for the Repositioned Golden Bricks and Bonus Vortexes mod?

By the way, the Speechless Sparky mod download doesn't work. To me, at least.

Xiron

Hey, Xiron, can I be a beta tester for the Repositioned Golden Bricks and Bonus Vortexes mod?

By the way, the Speechless Sparky mod download doesn't work. To me, at least.

Done and fixed.

Shadowblaze

Have you planned making new racetracks?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hud, Texture, Font, Script, Misc, WRL, Additional Bricks, Laser Fence