• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Azarth

Azarth

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I was just searching "Lego Island Xtreme Stunts" in google images today, and I found this:

ixs_b.jpg

I've haven't seen these beta screenshots before, so I was really excited to see some new ones that look really different from the released game. Not only is the island layout different, but apparently there was going to be a multiplayer mode and an arcade mode!

I then decided to visit the site to see if I could find more screenshots. Unfortunately, there weren't any more. However, I found out that the site belonged to Martin Wood, who did art direction & management for Island Xtreme Stunts. He also did the character models and textures for Soccer Mania:

martians_700.jpg

Here's a link to his site: http://project-orange.co.uk/

• jamesster, Xiron, Biorune and 4 others thanked this

jamesster

Lovely IXS screenshots there. The GBA version has multiplayer, interesting to see it was planned for the PC/PS2 game as well.

BobaFett2

BobaFett2

Wannabe Fan Game Dev

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Cool. Those trees look waaaay better.

Azarth

Azarth

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

The island looks a lot more like the Freeway Frenzy levels here than it does in-game. I'm really curious about what the arcade and versus modes were going to be like. Especially the versus mode. It probably would have had to do with the minigames, but it sounds like it would be difficult for two players trying to grind the Brickster's plane or rescue passngers. Maybe they were modified versions of the released minigames, unreleased ones, or actually having two players on the Island at once? Whatever it would have been like, I wonder who the 2nd character would been (or if there were a few characters to choose from, who they were).

As for the Life On Mars picture below, I'm guessing that there were a few martians that didn't make it into Soccer Mania when the game was released.

If I find anything else on the site, I'll be sure to post it as well :).

BobaFett2

BobaFett2

Wannabe Fan Game Dev

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

If someone wants to contact the developer they could ask what those modes were going to be like.