Island Xtreme Stunts - modding/file research topic

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Jack Tronsdal

Jack Tronsdal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Than what am I doing wrong, do I have to transfer the files from the copy of the game that I run with a disk to the files of the game I run without a disk?

Please help. Do I have to use TexMod, if so how do I use it?

Azarth

Azarth

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Than what am I doing wrong, do I have to transfer the files from the copy of the game that I run with a disk to the files of the game I run without a disk?

Please help. Do I have to use TexMod, if so how do I use it?

If you've already copied cd and cdc from the disc into the program files/lego interactive/island xtreme stunts folder and created a working disc-free copy of the game, then all you have to do is put any file over another in the cdc folder (Most of the game's content is in that folder). Some files make the game crash if they are swapped with another of the same format, but the character models and textures work fine at least. There aren't any programs that you need in order to mod the game. And one last thing: you have to run the game in the non-disc version because the normal version doesn't read the files in the island xtreme stunts folder. Instead, it uses another application (Finddisc.exe) that loads the game with the default files.

I don't know how else I can answer this question. If this doesn't help, could you tell me what you've done so far?

Merdon

Ahhh, this topic.

It's funny how we never found that leather jacket texture. You would figure it would be in the files if it was loaded and ripped by 3DRipperDX, right?

Azarth

Azarth

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Wow, I really got off hand in this topic by going from actual research to just plans I would have if IXS was more moddable :whistle:...

Ahhh, this topic.

It's funny how we never found that leather jacket texture. You would figure it would be in the files if it was loaded and ripped by 3DRipperDX, right?

Actually, I now think that the texture was just part of one of the vehicles in freeway frenzy. I think it was either for the hot rod or that jeep with big wheels (Or both?).

Merdon

Wow, I really got off hand in this topic by going from actual research to just plans I would have if IXS was more moddable :whistle:...

Ahhh, this topic.

Actually, I now think that the texture was just part of one of the vehicles in freeway frenzy. I think it was either for the hot rod or that jeep with big wheels (Or both?).
Like it belongs to the low poly model of a driver?

Azarth

Azarth

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Ahhh, this topic.

Like it belongs to the low poly model of a driver?

Yeah, the same goes with Pepper's orange stunt suit texture, which was used for the driver in one of the cars. There are also textures for of ALL of Dr. Clickitt's and Pepper's (One of those weird ones where the default face is IXS Pepper but the other faces are all LI2) that got ripped from freeway frenzy. I'm assuming that the driver with the leather jacket uses Dr. Clickitt's face, I can't be sure though.

Merdon

The driver was Ron Jere- *shot*

I still find it odd that they would reuse the orange stunt suit for said random driver.

ties125

Qe1ZGZ2.jpg

I Changed peppers stunt outfit texture from Freeway Frenzy to the normal pepper texture! (But the cap is still black!)

zLOFhnB.jpg

Changed pepper's black suit (From the Motorbike Mayhem Minigame) to his oringinal clothes from the main island. Also changed the textures of the criminals to passengers from Ripcord Resque. (Changed the bricksters outfit from the minigames to the outfit from the main island too)

I could find some pepper voice clips that he uses in the game. 3 that i found are not used, and sound like they were in Lego Island 2.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

SQ4MKCy.jpg

Why was he called gnarly bones again? He doesnt look like he's rotten.