Build Green Beige

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Oboe Shoes

Oboe Shoes

Admiral

• PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

As you may already know, It's possible to edit the .LEB files in the PIECEDB folder to change what bricks are available in what color in any given category. (Or, by editing a small bit of binary, add additional bricks.) So for those of you who don't wish to mess with these files yourself, or if you just want a nice base for editing with some of the more common ones already there, I've compiled this little mod which will add the following bricks to your game without overriding anything:

• 11 new basic bricks in beige to the Johnny Thunder menu
  • 14 new green bricks to the Veronica Voltage menu (The 12 basic brick types, plus the flag and spoiler) 
  • 1 new green brick to the Castle menu (the Castle theme flag)

As for why I didn't split the green bricks up between the Standard and Racing menus, there's an unfortunate hard limit of 30 bricks per menu, forcing me to add to menus with smaller amounts of bricks.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This is fairly basic for now, but I plan on adding additional pieces that could benefit from additional colors that I can find space for, and it's a good place to start if you want to edit these menus yourself. Remember, you can always edit these files to get any brick you want in any color temporarily, and then switch it back when you're done. I'll also look into any possibilities of getting around the limit of 30 bricks per menu, but for now, enjoy.

LEGO34_zpsf8ea24fb.pngLEGO33_zps80d1a48f.png

• Cyrem, Lair, jamesster and 10 others thanked this

LUModder

Nice! I acctually did a random color swap and got the "Twitch Spring Green" color for tan bricks.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts

Very good sir. I will use these.

Xiron

For all the extra spaces unused, make bricks with brand new colors! (in LPIECEHI.MDB and LPIECELOW.MDB change the 53 entiries # to 55 and add two new entries at the bottom or wherever, one titled 'color' an the other 'coloraa'.. just look at the other colors for example, also don't forget to then add the color entry to L_COLORS.LEB, and a new color is good to go. I just did this and it works.)... although this would get rather messy with the limit, so perhaps not.

• Jack Bluebeard thanked this

JimbobJeffers

Thank you for this mod, particularly for its use in recreating one of my favourite Racers characters as you showed in the screenshots.

As to the 30-brick limit, the same applies to adding character parts, and I couldn't find any obvious way of increasing that limit. An error message would always appear, so I wonder if it's hardcoded.

CaptainGolem

CaptainGolem

Some guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Thanks alot for this mod! I was tired editing the colors all the time then changing them back.

plakrast

This is incredible, just because it doesn't cancel out anything before. I'll definitely use this. I hope research continues on breaking the 30 part limit, but maybe a better way could be adding a whole new part set? I have no idea if that's more reasonable or not, but there aren't thirty of those yet.

Jack Bluebeard

Can you add, Oboe Shoes, to the King kahuka's car set the larger feathers of the NPC model too? Is it possible?

Aokpisz

Aokpisz

Oak Tree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Awesome. Great job guys.

Oboe Shoes

Oboe Shoes

Admiral

• PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Can you add, Oboe Shoes, to the King kahuka's car set the larger feathers of the NPC model too? Is it possible?

I believe that's just part of the NPC King Kahuka's car, which is all one model, so probably not.

Jack Bluebeard

In the sense that the plumage of Kahuka player and that of Kahuka NPC is different: the first is small, similar to the one of Achu, and the second is larger. Is possible to take only the plumage and not all the NPC model?

Jack Bluebeard

Is it possible to add car chassis too?

Merdon

Merdon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
Honestly hope the 30 limit gets broken so we can add more opaque colors, and even trans. colors!

alan

alan

Map Creator

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

As far as I know there is no way to make the parts semi-transparent because they do not have any MDB file. All parts are squeezed into one file (actually, two files: LPIECEHI.LEB and LPIECELO.LEB) and it is not possible to make them transparent in any way there...

I have also not found any value yet that would edit the 30-bricks-limit...

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
Oh, wow. So we've gotten to this point, now. Excellent. Carry on, adding new colors (alas poor green)