German LRR human comic

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

Hallfiry

Hallfiry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hallfiry reporting in. I'm the guy who originally uploaded the Rockraiders comic to imgur and mentioned it on Wikipedia. My Lego World Club magazines are pretty damaged, since I didn't treat them very well when I was a child. But because you guys seem to have such interest in them, here's a scan of the Rockraiders issue of Lego World Club (9-10/1999):

[for link see list below]

The PDF contains only pages 1-12 and 21-32. The eight pages 13-20 are ripped out of my physical copy and seem to be lost.

Pages 10/11 and 22/23(which is 14/15 in the PDF) should make you drool ;)

I'll check the attic for more issues and scan them all tomorrow.

EDIT: Found the following issues:

1998: 9-10(damaged), 11-12(damaged)

1999: 3-4(damaged), 5-6(complete), 7-8(damaged), 9-10(damaged)

2000: 1-2(complete), 3-4(complete), 11-12(complete)

2001: 5-6(damaged), 7-8(complete), 9-10(complete)

2002: 1-2(complete), 3-4(complete), 5-6(complete+Extrablatt), 9-10(complete)

2003: 9(complete)

2004: -

2005: -

2006: 4(complete), 5(complete)

I'll scan them in chronological order, starting with the oldest.

EDIT2:

Found some more stuff!

Lego World Club mach mit!

1999: 1-2, 5-6, 11-12

2000: 5-6

Lego World Club shop (later "Shop At Home")

1999: 3-4, 5-8, 9-10, 11-12

2000: 3-4, 5-8

2001: 5-6, Fall-Winter

2002: 1-2

• jamesster, PeabodySam and Quisoves Pugnat thanked this

Tazakk

Tazakk

Tohunga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Well, that was unexpected! Thank you in advance/now for the scans. It looks like if you're able to scan everything, Dark_Turtle will have significantly fewer issues to worry about uploading himself.

And as always, it is wonderful to have a better view of what LEGO was doing with their publications internationally around this time. I guess World Club transitioned straight into LEGO Magazine?

Hallfiry

Hallfiry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Well, that was unexpected! Thank you in advance/now for the scans. It looks like if you're able to scan everything, Dark_Turtle will have significantly fewer issues to worry about uploading himself.

And as always, it is wonderful to have a better view of what LEGO was doing with their publications internationally around this time. I guess World Club transitioned straight into LEGO Magazine?

Well, I don't have much to scan, I guess. I think I became a club member in 1997, but my issues from that time are the others are pretty in complete.

The Lego World Club did indeed become Lego Magazin. 3-4/2002 is still Lego World Club, 9-10/2002 is Lego Magazin and is actually the same as Lego Magazine issue 3.

I'll skip my damaged issues and first do all the complete ones, so Dark_Turtle can continue his scanning and we fill the gaps for eachother.

• jamesster and Tazakk thanked this

Tazakk

Tazakk

Tohunga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Sorry I've been taking so long to translate these comics. I think from now on I'll just post a transcript of the non-Time Cruisers ones, as they are a little trickier to edit the text into. Here's the Count Batlord one from the November December 1997 issue, it picks up where the last one left off:

Count Batlord Fights with the Magician and his Diabolical Dragon!

Spoiler

It took me a while (and two comics) to realize that "flatterfels" ("Flutterrock") is actually the name of the castle. Before I was coming up with a bunch of contrived explanations for the word "flutter," of all things, to be cropping up in the translations where it just didn't make sense.

• jamesster and aidenpons thanked this

Hallfiry

Hallfiry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Added 5-6/99,1-2/00, 3-4/99, 11-12/00 to my post above.

• jamesster and Tazakk thanked this

jamesster

I'm getting errors on all of the .rars except for 2000-11-12 and 1999-09-10. Is it just me or are the files corrupted?

Edit: Redownloaded them, seems to be fine now. Odd.

Edit: Nope, some are still breaking. Wat?

Hallfiry

Hallfiry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I'm getting errors on all of the .rars except for 2000-11-12 and 1999-09-10. Is it just me or are the files corrupted?

Tried downloading them and had no problems unpacking. Maybe the server had some problems and your downloads were incomplete.

Also: More issues coming later today and I'll add links to Dark_Turtle's scans.

EDIT: Or even better: I'll complete my incomplete PDFs with the pages from Dark_Turtle. (and still link his scans where I don't have the corresponding issue at all)

Tazakk

Tazakk

Tohunga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Tried downloading them and had no problems unpacking. Maybe the server had some problems and your downloads were incomplete.

They are all working fine for me as well. Glad to see that Johnny Thunder is making an appearance in Time Cruisers!

Speaking of Time Cruisers, is the comic in the November December World Club issue the final one? It would be too bad if it ended with Tim just zapping from the Arctic like he was headed someplace else, but at the same time it wouldn't be terribly surprising...

Hallfiry

Hallfiry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Speaking of Time Cruisers, is the comic in the November December World Club issue the final one? It would be too bad if it ended with Tim just zapping from the Arctic like he was headed someplace else, but at the same time it wouldn't be terribly surprising...

I think Dark_Turtle Mentioned that 3-4/01 had the last episode. Sadly that issue is missing from my collection (or it's buried somewhere on my attic).

Tazakk

Tazakk

Tohunga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Jumping ahead into 1999 with the second comic featuring Space Port!

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Self-destruct button :lol:

I've been doing some housecleaning in the Brickshelf folder, so here's links to the two and a half comics we have that come right after this one:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 1

Page 2

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

• jamesster, PeabodySam and Fushigisaur thanked this

jamesster

Re-downloaded them this morning, things seem to be working now. Odd. Good to see Johnny finally showing up. Thanks!

Hallfiry

Hallfiry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Added 07-08/2001 and 09-10/2001 :)

• jamesster, Tazakk and Fushigisaur thanked this

Tazakk

Tazakk

Tohunga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Let's see how Egotistical Firefighter feels about the forest fire.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

As you may note, the middle two pages are from a while ago.

EDIT: Looks like we may be treated to some continuity next issue, judging by what Johnny Thunder says.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

• jamesster, PeabodySam and Fushigisaur thanked this

aidenpons

Oh, so that's where Fushigisaur got his picture. I'd often wondered...

Johnny Thunder... ugh. If it wasn't for the theme and Dr. Kilroy (or whatever his name is/was at that time) I don't think I'd have recognised him...

His facial here looks wrong.

And I still can't figure out which order all these comics go in. :P

Fushigisaur

And I still can't figure out which order all these comics go in.

That is precisely why I put them all, in order, in a single album.

Since I already posted the link in this topic again, I will instead add it to my signature in a moment.

By the way, do we have the comic directly after the aquanauts arc yet? I do want to keep these comics in order so I'm holding off on adding the space-port-and-after comics until we've gotten up to that point.

EDIT: link in signature, click away.