Sort of Rock Raiders Remake

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Bartemis

Bartemis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Hi guys, just to let you know I'm busy creating a game with aspects of Rock Raiders. The main goal is to make it an online cooperative game in a rts/top down shooter game. While you have 1 character to walk with, you can move other characters like you can do in Rock Raiders.

rr1.jpg

For more info visit:
Fistslogo.png

• Car CrazeXVI thanked this

Car CrazeXVI

Multiplayer Rock Raidersss...

O.T.
See ORR.

But good luck, anyway.

Antillies

Antillies

ORR-Delta Developer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Welcome to the club.  Since no one's asked, what language are you using?

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Multiplayer Rock Raidersss...

O.T.
See ORR.

But good luck, anyway.

Addict's ORR is dead. He moved on to different projects.

Bartemis

Bartemis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I'm using GameMaker Studio. I know it's not the best choice, but for developing for multiple platforms it's great!

I will make a to do list and I will update my blog.

Antillies

Antillies

ORR-Delta Developer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Thanks for responding.  I actually think Pascal was doing something similar in Game Maker.  Might want to exchange notes with him if you'd be interested.

Ben24x7

Ben24x7

Cat Vampire (???)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
I don't think you should make this in GameMaker. I don't find it great for making games.

McJobless

I don't think you should make this in GameMaker. I don't find it great for making games.

In the weeks that you've been here, I have felt nothing but seething contempt for you, leading to my constant overzealous mockery. However, FINALLY, for once you have said something that has managed to capture my opinion exactly, and make me proud that you're not completely inept.

Thank you. Thank. You.

applause.gif

At the OP. Ditch Gamemaker, use a real engine. I also think you should ditch the over-the-top camera. It's your opinion, but I personally think we're no longer in the 90s. Time to move on.
  • Lair thanked this

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

At the OP. Ditch Gamemaker, use a real engine. I also think you should ditch the over-the-top camera. It's your opinion, but I personally think we're no longer in the 90s. Time to move on.

Sorry to disagree. I have used GM for over 10 years and still continue to do so, I can pull off stuff in GM now that most of the GM community has no clue on how to do. GM is more than capable of doing this, I have larger projects than this built in GM. GM is so under-estimated... mostly because of it's name, but a lot of people that say it's crap haven't even bothered to see what it is truly capable of doing. GM is usless when you give it to a kid, but give it to an experienced programmer and it can do wonders. I'd go as far as to say GM has made me a much better programmer. Because GM is a little slower compared to compiled engines (Actually, Studio is compiled, 8.1 is interpreted... which I use) I'm always looking for ways to do things better, make code more efficient and cleaner. This is something a lot of people don't give two thoughts to with compiled simply because they have the extra power.

(GM8.1 fan, If they removed sandboxing in Studio, I'd be more interested.)

McJobless

Sorry to disagree. I have used GM for over 10 years and still continue to do so, I can pull off stuff in GM now that most of the GM community has no clue on how to do. GM is more than capable of doing this, I have larger projects than this built in GM. GM is so under-estimated... mostly because of it's name, but a lot of people that say it's crap haven't even bothered to see what it is truly capable of doing. GM is usless when you give it to a kid, but give it to an experienced programmer and it can do wonders.

If you can rebuild Journey in GM for me, I'll eat my comment and then use GM for my final major project. And then I'll also take back all my comments regarding Unity. And then I'll donate $200 to the forum. And I'm not joking. I seriously want you to attempt it.

Also at the OP, I think you might need to do a little work on your website. Currently looks just a tad messy. Maybe if you had another blog entry it might look better.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Sorry to disagree. I have used GM for over 10 years and still continue to do so, I can pull off stuff in GM now that most of the GM community has no clue on how to do. GM is more than capable of doing this, I have larger projects than this built in GM. GM is so under-estimated... mostly because of it's name, but a lot of people that say it's crap haven't even bothered to see what it is truly capable of doing. GM is usless when you give it to a kid, but give it to an experienced programmer and it can do wonders.

If you can rebuild Journey in GM for me, I'll eat my comment and then use GM for my final major project. And then I'll also take back all my comments regarding Unity. And then I'll donate $200 to the forum. And I'm not joking. I seriously want you to attempt it.

Also at the OP, I think you might need to do a little work on your website. Currently looks just a tad messy. Maybe if you had another blog entry it might look better.

I thought I had wrote 2D in my post but I guess I didn't. For 3D games, no I wouldn't use it (though there is a Ogre 3D DLL for GM which should be able to pull off something decent)... Actually remember that LRR texture viewer I made?, that is GM + a custom 3D engine.

For 2D, it's capable of great things.

McJobless

I thought I had wrote 2D in my post but I guess I didn't. For 3D games, no I wouldn't use it (though there is a Ogre 3D DLL for GM which should be able to pull off something decent)... Actually remember that LRR texture viewer I made, that is GM + a custom 3D engine.

I was looking forward to eating my comment :(

I see. Well, we both know that there are only a few 2D games I can stand. Tell me, how well can it do 2D RPGs?

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

I thought I had wrote 2D in my post but I guess I didn't. For 3D games, no I wouldn't use it (though there is a Ogre 3D DLL for GM which should be able to pull off something decent)... Actually remember that LRR texture viewer I made, that is GM + a custom 3D engine.

I was looking forward to eating my comment :(

I see. Well, we both know that there are only a few 2D games I can stand. Tell me, how well can it do 2D RPGs?

Only a few???? Some of the greatest games are 2D. 2D RPG's? Easy.

McJobless

All the LucasArts Point-And-Click Adventures, Beneath a Steel Sky, sometimes I can be in the right mood to play Fallout 1, and a couple others.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

All the LucasArts Point-And-Click Adventures, Beneath a Steel Sky, sometimes I can be in the right mood to play Fallout 1, and a couple others.

AOE... TA... Command & Conquer... Sim City... Myst

._.

There are so many more.