174 replies to this topic

Prototyke

Prototyke

Pad kid poured curd pulled cold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

I have decided to kill myself.

Rather, I have decided to draw EVERY Kanohi mask.

All of them.

Spoiler

I have the names and powers for 106 109 masks (plus heads) right now. If there is something wrong, or I have forgotten something, let me know. We have enough insane people around here someone is bound to actually read through that.

I plan to make at least one Kanohi a week until I have them all and then do something with them. Perhaps I'll make a poster. But it's the dedication and practice that I actually need, so I can show all of you guys my art, and in return you can all yell at me if I'm not making the masks.

Every Monday (excepting times where I am unable to access a computer on a Monday) I will post the Kanohi I made the week before. If anyone wants to, they can critique it, or I will just use this as a more enjoyable reminder for myself to practice.

As it is not yet a Monday, I won't post any new Kanohi, but here are the Kraahkan I made previously. Is it Kraahkan or Kraahkans for the plural?

0IP1D6a.png?1        ZiXx1R9.png

Completed Masks are displayed in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Edits- Added Avohkii / Kraahkan Combo mask to the list. Added Mask of Elemental power (from Bionicle: The Game) to the list. Added Kraahkan Face to the list.

Do not use any of my art without permission and crediting me. Thank you.

• Cyrem, Lair, Sharkly and 9 others thanked this

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

wow.

Thats... thats quite a list. Good luck.

• Prototyke and BerixMaster2010 thanked this

McStudz

That sounds... Glorious.

Then you can put that stuff on BZPower afterwards. Yesssss....

• Prototyke thanked this

JimbobJeffers

Woah, that's quite a commitment. The two you already have look great, I eagerly await more.

Just a thought - you could sell these as stickers on RedBubble.

• Prototyke thanked this

Prototyke

Prototyke

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Just a thought - you could sell these as stickers on RedBubble

Yes! A way to make money off this! Thank you for the suggestion.

That would be fully allowed right? I'm selling only my art and copyright infringement for drawing Lego's stuff and reselling it wouldn't be a problem.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

That would be fully allowed right? I'm selling only my art and copyright infringement for drawing Legos stuff and reselling it wouldn't be a problem.

As this art is yours you have every right to do so.

Prototyke

Prototyke

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

It's Monday. Time to put up some masks.

The Hau seems to be the mascot mask for Bionicle, so what better to start with?

The Hau's shape is used for three masks:

The default Hau

xmLdpAV.png

And the Aki

~This image was removed somehow. The corrected Aki is shown is a lower post.~

I started on the infected Hau as well, but without the actual mask, I can't get the stains just right. I'll buy it eventually to finish it.

There is something wrong with the Hau's shape, but I can't lay a finger on it. If anyone can figure it out, let me know. I have just stared at it for too long.

The updated masks are shown below

• Cyrem, Lair, Brickulator and 1 other thanked this

Alcom1

It's Monday. Time to put up some masks.

The Hau seems to be the mascot mask for Bionicle, so what better to start with?

The Hau's shape is used for three masks:

The default Hau

xmLdpAV.png

And the Aki

Xqdx7nh.png

I started on the infected Hau as well, but without the actual mask, I can't get the stains just right. I'll buy it eventually to finish it.

There is something wrong with the Hau's shape, but I can't lay a finger on it. If anyone can figure it out, let me know. I have just stared at it for too long.

There is... sort of... I think. You are working on a shifting perspective. It looks like part of the mask you shaped as if it is being viewed from an upper diagonal, while the rest you shaped as if it is being viewed from straight on.

Also, I figured that by recoloring the red as an alpha-layer, I could, with a back-layer, recolor the Hau to any one of 4294967296 colors.

W2cHGwn.pngil3GHUf.pnguv8ijOB.png

• Prototyke thanked this

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
Very nice. I'm not too sure what wrong with Hau myself, I think it looks fine :/

Nice work on the reflections.

Prototyke

Prototyke

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

You are working on a shifting perspective. It looks like part of the mask you shaped as if it is being viewed from an upper diagonal, while the rest you shaped as if it is being viewed from straight on

That's it. Thank you.

Fixed maybe

gfD2Sen.pngHau

Mkq4oAc.pngAki

Also, I figured that by recoloring the red as an alpha-layer, I could with a back-layer recolor the Hau to any one of 4294967296 colors.

Nice. That will be useful for quite a few of the masks.

• Alcom1 thanked this

The Ace Railgun

Actually I like the old hau better it's a bit...more...shiny, also if you draw a fused Krakkahn and Avoki (from Bionicle movie 1) I will love you! Metaphorically speaking...because I don't want to make this a Yaoi scene...(don't make me explain...)

Prototyke

Prototyke

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Actually I like the old hau better it's a bit...more...shiny,

I had to move a few pieces, so it's more accurate but the highlighted areas are smaller. I'm working on better palettes for future masks, so I can make it shinier.

also if you draw a fused Krakkahn and Avoki (from Bionicle movie 1) I will love you! Metaphorically speaking

I'll make sure to make that one, but I'm not doing the Avohkii until I finish the masks of the original 6 toa.

eagleeyedan

eagleeyedan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

An ambitious prospect! I started drawing LEGO characters back in '08 and am working through Ninjago right now. 

Alcom1

FjKFlGC.pngi4luwwE.pngZEheim1.pngSxx4raf.png5cY30XH.pngzsd8MOX.png

aQ6sxzY.png24vJ7DP.pnguGiBDcs.pngLCIWatb.pngCj6wRZH.pngqx1k0Rj.png

• Sharkly and McStudz thanked this

Prototyke

Prototyke

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

I got bored today and wanted to draw something, but I didn't know what to.

if you draw a fused Krakkahn and Avoki (from Bionicle movie 1)

So I ended up with

qdXI3JT.png

Its "mouth" is too thin, but it's too late now.

Hope you like it Tahmira.

No I will probably not do any more requests unless you bribe me or something.

• McStudz and The Ace Railgun thanked this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Great, Kanohi, Project, Masks, Bionicle