Photo

Fush's [non-LEGO] Rock Raiders Fanart

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Fushigisaur

It's not as much an issue of quality of writing as it is I don't trust myself with handling someone else's characters. I don't know enough about the franchise beyond what's shown in the PC game.

Hey, neither do I, and I'm still writing RR:I anyway. I figured it would be better not to worry, and just have fun making my own characterizations. It's lego-- the official story has always been meant at a backdrop for your imagination, and that imagination doesn't just stop at plastic bricks. Go ahead, try it. No-one beyond yourself even has to read it. If its good enough to publish, do it. If not, it's no loss. Just sit down and try writing.

When you put it that way...

I suppose I might try it some time. I won't go near the named characters though.

I think I'll probably try doing some comic strips though. I mean I am focusing on my art right now.

Again, I must emphasize that my issue is not with my writing itself but with the subject matter. I could write a story easily- but I'd probably get everything possible wrong as far as canon goes. Hell, I already made a mistake like this in the LMS thread where I claimed that the LMS Explorer did not run on Energy Crystals prior to the incident...

But of course that's what the generic units are for.
I don't need to get into the backstory stuff if I just focus on the day-to-day antics of generic ground troops as they go about their business.

But that's for another time.
ATM I'm more concerned with showing off my art and maybe getting a little feedback on it.

Ben24x7

Ben24x7

Visible Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Love the third one! But note that Rock raiders 1) cannot sit and 2) can only carry one dynamite due to safty constraints.

Fushigisaur

Yesterday I finally took a crack at drawing Sparks. Image is in the OP, take a look.

JimbobJeffers

Great work on Sparks, you've drawn his details well. Did you deliberately leave the hat/tools white? I like your take on the tools they use, elongating and changing their aesthetics.

Sparks' face does seem a little off to me though. Not sure what it is, unless it's the style of art.

Fushigisaur

Great work on Sparks, you've drawn his details well. Did you deliberately leave the hat/tools white? I like your take on the tools they use, elongating and changing their aesthetics.

Sparks' face does seem a little off to me though. Not sure what it is, unless it's the style of art.

Yes, I deliberately leave the tools white, since they are simply supplementary, and not meant to be the focus of the picture. Plus I think it looks cool >_>.

I wouldn't know what's wrong with the face either, though I do agree it's a little off.

Ben24x7

Ben24x7

Visible Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

gallery_6559_313_60561.png

Is that sparks? If not then I must say that the hair colour and style are the same.

Fushigisaur

Is that sparks? If not then I must say that the hair colour and style are the same.

Yesterday I finally took a crack at drawing Sparks. Image is in the OP, take a look.

Though I probably should have mentioned that in the OP...

Ben24x7

Ben24x7

Visible Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Damn it! facePalm.png

Merdon

Merdon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
The leg span is similar to Finn the Human's. But it's fine how it is. Being a cartoon and all.

Fushigisaur

New drawing. Conrad this time, for the few of you who have actually read Conrad's Journal.

I should probably add my Bandit to this thread but I'm too lazy to. I don't want to add the sketches until they've been colored and edited, though.

Fushigisaur

Okay, new drawing. This time I expanded my boundaries and drew a building, specifically, the tool store. Like?

JimbobJeffers

I think the Tool Store's great. Your stylised take on its features (such as the construction barriers) are a cool touch, and if you get the chance it would look excellent coloured in.

Fushigisaur

Your stylised take on its features (such as the construction barriers) are a cool touch

Fun Fact: the barriers are based off of these.