• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Ben24x7

Ben24x7

Cat Vampire (???)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

I really want to upload pictures or clips onto my posts but I don't know. I couldn't find a topic explaining how to do so and I thought I might do a topic where people can ask for help. I will change the title to "posting help". All I want is to know how to upload.

Fushigisaur

Look at the upper left corner of your screen. See where it says "upload file?" Yeah. Or you could just use a site like Imageshack or Tinypic or Imgur.

le717

Pictures or images? Well, you can create a gallery, and host images under 1MB, or use a site like Servimg, TinyPic, or imgur, and others can recommend more.

When it is uploaded, get a direct link to your image, and surround the link in img tags, like so

[ img ]link here[ /img ]

(minus the spaces, there is an forum error with the nobb tags ATM...

Fush ninja'd me. :P

The Upload File button he mentioned is only for tools, map, programs, and the like. Images are not allowed there, ;)
  • Fushigisaur thanked this

Alcom1

Files can be uploaded and given download links using the button that is persistently on the top left hand corner. External download links are also acceptable.

Images can be added using the image button on the reply editor.

Download or external links can be simply copy and pasted into a post, or imbedded in text by highlighting and using the link button like the way cool people do it.

• Lair thanked this

Fushigisaur

The Upload File button he mentioned is only for tools, map, programs, and the like. Images are not allowed there, ;)

Huh, I didn't know that. I've never used it, I just assumed it applied to any file. Thanks for the clarification.

Download or external links can be simply copy and pasted into a post, or imbedded in text by highlighting and using the link button like the way cool people do it.

Stealth plug! :af:

Alcom1

Actually I switched the link from my creation to something else. Seemed way too close to a past action by Ben168.

Fushigisaur

Actually I switched the link from my creation to something else. Seemed way too close to a past action by Ben168.

True, true.

JimbobJeffers

I, uh, I already gave you the answer last time you asked, here. Anyway, glad you've found out now :)

Ben24x7

Ben24x7

Cat Vampire (???)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

I don't want my pictures to be displayed on the internet. Is there any other way where I don't have to upload my pictures and clips to the internet?

RobExplorien

I really want to upload pictures or clips onto my posts but I don't know.

I don't want my pictures to be displayed on the internet.

Well that's a contradiction.

Is there any other way where I don't have to upload my pictures and clips to the internet?

I'm guessing not. Sharing images or other files in your case involves internet (unless it is done via USB or some other equivalent type of hardware). Use the RRU uploader and/or your gallery, as said before by others. It's the 'safest', only RRU members can access those files and the gallery.

Ben24x7

Ben24x7

Cat Vampire (???)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

I'm sorry but I made a typo. I mean to say "I don't want my pictures to be displayed all over the internet but just displayed on these fourms." That is what I meant, so sorry...

Alcom1

I use imgur, which keeps all your images in a private folder so no one will see them, except where you post them.

Ben24x7

Ben24x7

Cat Vampire (???)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

How do you find the URL when you've uploaded?

Alcom1

How do you find the URL when you've uploaded?

All images on the internet have an attached URL, attainable by left clicking on the image and copying the link (This is for getting images others have uploaded, or ones you may have on special sites like Brickshelf). Upload sites will also give you the URL to copy and paste anywhere you desire.

Ben24x7

Ben24x7

Cat Vampire (???)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

This work?

Dqksqde.png

Well... Thank you Alcom1!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pictures, upload