• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Pranciblad

Pranciblad

Oh no mah coffee help

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hey man, the PS1 game's S.M.L.C. was good. It still couldn't do anything for the poor Hover Scout, though. That thing is the epitome of uselessness.

Arthuriel

Oh, sorry for that. I only thought about the SMLC and other useless vehicles in the PC game. Maybe I should add a note above the comic.

Pranciblad

Pranciblad

Oh no mah coffee help

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
You don't need to do that, though. It would kind of lessen the humor. Besides, a lot of people never played the PS1 game, so it doesn't matter that much.
Edit: oh, I see you put one I already. Never mind. I just don't want to be seen as a pedantic guy who can't enjoy a joke because of something like that.

Arthuriel

@Pranciblad: Problem solved: I've edited the whole text in the first post, because I wanted to change it in general. I think, that the text is now shorter and more suitable, too.

Addictgamer

Woah, so many new comics since I last checked. I gotta set this to "notify."

Keep 'em coming :D

Also, I don't really understand #7.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Um, with #7... why does 14xx disappear? wasn't he killing the other guy?

Brickulator

Brickulator

Rolling round in tangerines

• Donators
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
This are really great, I can't wait to see more :)

I used to draw loads of lego comics as a kid. I remember doing some rock raiders stuff when I was about 6...not nearly as good at these though, obviously :P

Arthuriel

Chief said, that the former rock raiders assassins weren't very clever and 1431 was one of them:

Why?: he accidently shot the barrel/block with the generic explosive stuff, which was shown in the first panel

Result: Explosion and some left over-pieces of the rock raiders

However: You're right. It's a bit cryptic and next time the plot should be better understandable.

PS: Thank you for the compliments and critism :).

Ben24x7

Ben24x7

Visible Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

I laughed at every single one of them (silently though, because all my family members were watching me read them)! I tend to draw Lego strips now a days and I am impressed to see someone actually posting theirs up on the internet! You inspire me!

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

"I would give an arm to pay a good one" oh, dear, that's a bit dark

Arthuriel

The speech bubble in the raw version was a bit bigger (I changed it, because the bubble was a bit too big) and contained the following additional words: "I would give an arm and a leg to pay a good one".

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

Oh. :(
I thought it was dark humor about him already having lost an arm.

Arthuriel

Maybe I also made it because of dark humor, but the main reason was to get a shorter speech bubble text with a similar message.

Fushigisaur

Number 8. Oh no! Could it be? An unnormal day on board of the L.M.S. Explorer? (After looking it up, I know, that it's called "abnormal" in english, but I made an error during the making of the headline).

Innormal. Irnormal. Denormal. Antinormal. Neganormal. Now we have collected every incorrect form of the word. Did I miss any? Perhaps Deminormal or Subnormal (actual word apparently)? Probably don't count.

On-topic, this latest comic is just as amusing as ever. Keep it up.

Cirevam

"The Rock Raiders finally became intelligent!"

Or a modder turned off all the landslides and made raiders invincible. I wonder what the Chief would think if he found out that there are higher orders of being that can manipulate the LEGO universes...

He'd probably head straight for the pain screwdrivers.

• alan thanked this