19 replies to this topic

JrMasterModelBuilder

JrMasterModelBuilder

LR, LR2, LDR, and LDD Extractor Creator

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Hi,

I managed to make it work pretty easily, however I noticed that a lot of the obj models generated have missing vertices/faces. See the following picture for an example with the 2X2 bricks.

I only tried it on my mac with python 2.7.1 for now.

I can confirm this issue also. To try to narrrow this down, what other bricks have this problem? (3003 was the part ID for the 2x2, please include this, it's the same as the file name.)

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,624 posts

... then converts the resulting extracted .g brick models to OBJ format - please note that textured bricks are not yet supported.

The missing faces are the ones where textures are applied.

scrubs

scrubs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

... then converts the resulting extracted .g brick models to OBJ format - please note that textured bricks are not yet supported.

Ok, so i think i understand now. The faces of a part that may have a texture applied at some stage are not included. It kinda makes sence with the parts I tried. Mini wigs were ok, but for example shoulders of part 72326 don't appear as it is the location where a texture can be applied.

JrMasterModelBuilder

JrMasterModelBuilder

LR, LR2, LDR, and LDD Extractor Creator

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Ok, so i think i understand now. The faces of a part that may have a texture applied at some stage are not included. It kinda makes sence with the parts I tried. Mini wigs were ok, but for example shoulders of part 72326 don't appear as it is the location where a texture can be applied.

Ah, this was my suspicion. I wonder if this can be corrected.

scrubs

scrubs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The geometry where textures are applied seems to be located in the other .g files relative to a part. For example the part 3003 (3003.g) has 2 sides missing and 2 associated file 3003.g1 and 3003.g2. It seems to work with the other textured parts. The number of spare .g files corresponds to the number of textured areas.

I tried to rename those spare .g file and open them with brick viewer made by bartvbl (http://www.rockraide...viewer-g-files/)

E.g with part 72326:

72326.png

Both shoulders geometry is missing as this the location for the texture.

I opened the file 72326.g1 and I obtained that:

72326a.png

It's pretty close to the geometry of one shoulder. The second file 72326.g2 represents the second shoulder.

I tried with other parts. The mesh can be messy sometimes but the missing faces are still recognizable. It'd be awesome if the OBJ files generated by this software could merge the geometries to at least get the complete mesh even without the decorations. I tried to have a look at this post: http://www.rockraide...ck-file-format/ but I'm not experienced enough.