Live Radio - CyMIX
Photo

How To Install LEGOLAND on a 64-bit Computer

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

le717

Yes, like I said, I was in a rush when I made that post, so my knowledge of how it worked was not completely clear. I've been looking at this morning, however, and I have a better understanding of what is going on.

Indeed, the files are in a compressed archive on the disc, inside main.z. It's not an UNIX archive as TheDoctor gave me a link for, but it is an InstallShield 3.x archive, and can be opened using (Guess what?) UniExtract, namely, i3comp.exe. When opened, most of the game contents come out, such as IMusic, the AVIs, and the zbuffer folder. The rest is the uncompressed data on the disc.

I'm already working on the alternate installer, progress can be found here. I think a first version will be done this afternoon; recreating the Full, Minimal,  and Custom options will come later.

EDIT: I meant to ask, are there copies of LEGOLAND that have different layouts than mine? I always want to support as many versions as possible. If your disc is different, will you post an image of your disc root and/or a file tree?

EDIT 2: Also, if your disc as a PDF manual, say so as well, so I can install it if it exists on the disc.

EDIT 3: Installer released, download here.

Edited by le717, 12 August 2013 - 10:28 PM.

Smelly

Smelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello!

Thank you so so so much for posting the new installer, I've managed to get my old LEGOLAND installed :) It lets me sign in and start the game, but as soon as I click to start the tutorial the programme closes and says it has stopped responding. 

Any Ideas? I'm not great with computers so any help would be greatly appreciated :P

MrEightThreeOne

Try running it as an administrator. Right click LEGOLAND.EXE, click properties, go to "Compatibility" and check "Run as administrator". You can also run it as an admin from the right click menu, but doing it the other way makes it so you don't have to do that every time.

• Smelly thanked this

le717

Hello!

Thank you so so so much for posting the new installer, I've managed to get my old LEGOLAND installed :)

Good to know it worked for you, whichever one you used. :) And welcome to RRU! I hope you stay a while, you'll find whatever information you want on the classic LEGO games here.

It lets me sign in and start the game, but as soon as I click to start the tutorial the programme closes and says it has stopped responding. 

Any Ideas? I'm not great with computers so any help would be greatly appreciated :P

First off, please make a new topic in the Support area if the Search doesn't yield any results so the thread can have a chance at staying on topic. ;)

Second, what MrEightThreeOne ninja'd me at saying. Running as Administrator sometimes helps with these things.

If that doesn't work, please report back with your OS, graphics card, and other system specs so we can better understand how to help you fix your issue. You can do this by opening the Run command (Windows key + r), typing 'dxdiag', pressing the 'Save all information' button, and pasting the contents in a spoiler.

Spoiler

• Smelly thanked this

Smelly

Smelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Aaaah thanks guys you're awesome!

And sorry yeah just found something about in the support thread :P I'm not good with forums either ;) hehe