• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

RockRaiderWolf

RockRaiderWolf

Wolfy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

After Dissecting this tutorial I have created a NEW and I think improved version! Please take a look!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

TheSmartOne

I copied and pasted the code into my CFG and added a level config. The level will not even show up. All others are fine, though.

Only thing I changed was the image filepaths (Custom to CRock).

RockRaiderWolf

RockRaiderWolf

Wolfy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

I copied and pasted the code into my CFG and added a level config. The level will not even show up. All others are fine, though.

Did you remember to change the StartLevel?and to download the images?

First, we will need to set up the level link so that it will display. Open your LEGO.CFG file and in the block Lego* > Main there is a property called "StartLevel" with the value "Levels::Level01". Change the value to " Levels::CustomLevel".

if you did then there is likely something you did wrong in your level config and you should copy and paste it as a spoiler so we can look and see what might be causing the issue. (Tempted to ask if you remembered to add your custom level map files but Pretty sure it would cause a crash if those were missing.)
You could also just try my alternative that is linked right above your post. in my alternative all you need to do to add your own custom level would be to add the files(duh) and then replace the Level26 config in Lego.cfg to that of your custom level. mine also doesn't mess up the spoken level names.

TheSmartOne

Did you remember to change the StartLevel?and to download the images?

First, we will need to set up the level link so that it will display. Open your LEGO.CFG file and in the block Lego* > Main there is a property called "StartLevel" with the value "Levels::Level01". Change the value to " Levels::CustomLevel".

if you did then there is likely something you did wrong in your level config and you should copy and paste it as a spoiler so we can look and see what might be causing the issue. (Tempted to ask if you remembered to add your custom level map files but Pretty sure it would cause a crash if those were missing.)
You could also just try my alternative that is linked right above your post. in my alternative all you need to do to add your own custom level would be to add the files(duh) and then replace the Level26 config in Lego.cfg to that of your custom level. mine also doesn't mess up the spoken level names.

Here's the code.

Spoiler

Edited by TheSmartOne, 11 June 2014 - 08:46 PM.

RockRaiderWolf

RockRaiderWolf

Wolfy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

where did you put the startlevel levels::Customlevel?

did you do what it says and replace the old "        StartLevel                Levels::Tutorial01" with "        StartLevel                Levels::CustomLevel" ?

Did you copy and paste that directly from your lego.cfg? if so that appears to be out of format and might be causing the problem. what text editor did you use?

if i counted correctly you also have an extra } at the end and that coiuld be causing the game to think the level config is incomplete or something.

The code for fog types is wrong.

I used what you posted to create a code that should work. however sometimes the game seems to just dislike certain level maps for some reason and they fail to work regardless. I will doublecheck to see if I can get that level to work for myself since you seem to be using a map you downloaded,

Spoiler

TheSmartOne

I had put the StartLevel in the Lego Main section where it should be.

Edit: Nope. Didn't work. Still not showing the custom slot.

alan

alan

Map Creator

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

But you know where the slot should be, right? Its coordinates are 

FrontEndX                      72
FrontEndY                      2

so it is in the top left corner of the level menu.

Also... are the file paths correct? They must match with what you have written down... I'd like to know what files you have put where...

TheSmartOne

But you know where the slot should be, right? Its coordinates are 

FrontEndX                      72
FrontEndY                      2

so it is in the top left corner of the level menu.

Also... are the file paths correct? They must match with what you have written down... I'd like to know what files you have put where...

I have all of The Algorithm's files in \Levels\GameLevels\Level039. The level image selector things are in Interface\FrontEnd. They are the ones for the test levels that were left over.

Found 1 error: OL files was \ObjectList.ol.ol

That didn't fix it, though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LEGO Rock Raiders, Tutorial, Custom, Map