Photo

Improvement Poll: Community News

RRU Improvement

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Improvement Poll: Community News (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you read Community News?

1. Yes (20 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Would you be interested in reading LEGO related news?

1. Yes (19 votes [95.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 95.00%

2. No (1 votes [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

Would you be interested in reading non-LEGO related gaming news?

1. Yes (18 votes [90.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.00%

2. No (2 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

If there was Community News, would you like to report & write it?

1. Definitely, I'm a good writer. (6 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. Maybe, I'll do if no-one else will. (7 votes [35.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

3. No thanks, I'll stick to reading. (7 votes [35.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

Would you be interested in reading Rockwhale news?

1. Yep (5 votes [29.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

2. Nope.avi (1 votes [5.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

3. GET TO THE CHOPPER! (11 votes [64.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,795 posts
Your input would be appreciated.

Definitions:

LEGO News - News related to TLG. Examples: Set releases, upcoming events, LEGO Games.

Gaming News - Examples: New game releases, events, sales/freebies, game mods news.

Thank-you.

Alcom1

I'm more interested in community history than community news.
  • McStudz thanked this

McJobless

I think Jamesster would be the guy to write about LEGO news, and we do need it. I won't be too interested in it but I think it's important.

As for gaming, I have a bunch of sources. I would leave my overly bias remarks for the comment section, and hopefully I'll be able to report on both indie games and some of the stuff the big reporters are not reporting.

RockRaider

I think more content will equal more activity, so yes to all three. I'd report/write if needed, but I'd rather see someone else who has more free time do it.

McJobless

Lair seems to be pretty negative about the whole things. You should have added a category for Rockwhale news, Cyrem.
  • Lair thanked this

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,795 posts

Lair seems to be pretty negative about the whole things. You should have added a category for Rockwhale news, Cyrem.

We'll fix that now won't we....
  • Lair and McJobless thanked this

McJobless

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
It's not 2AM and I don't feel like piss so I changed my vote to something more realistic to me.
  • Cyrem and McJobless thanked this

Oboe Shoes

Oboe Shoes

Admiral

• PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Sounds like a good idea to keep things lively. I'm for it.

McStudz

"Rockwhale news"? Uh, I don't quite know what to make of that... But I'll give it a shot. If it's anything like the RageRants I'm working on, it should be some good reading...

I also wanted to express my reasoning for my choice in having non-LEGO related gaming news. I think it would be more-or-less redundant to have it here. I mean, if it matters to us, the members will most likely post it in their status updates anyway. Just my opinion.

And I agree with Aclom. RRU has a pretty colorful history (and I don't quite remember it all), and I'd love it if we get together sometime and work on writing it down. Development on that would make for some good Community News as well, so two birds with one stone. (Also, I think Extreme and someone else, maybe Lair, was working on something like this, but nothing ever came of it... What happened?)

O.T.
Hey, I made my 700th post on RRU... And it was actually somewhat USEFUL to the community!
Blimey.

• McJobless thanked this

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,795 posts

And I agree with Aclom. RRU has a pretty colorful history (and I don't quite remember it all), and I'd love it if we get together sometime and work on writing it down. Development on that would make for some good Community News as well, so two birds with one stone. (Also, I think Extreme and someone else, maybe Lair, was working on something like this, but nothing ever came of it... What happened?)

"This day in RRU history"? :P
  • McJobless thanked this

McStudz

More like an official timeline. There were probably a lot of days where nothing happened on RRU, and I doubt anyone remembers exact dates, so just an approximate history guide?

McJobless

I also wanted to express my reasoning for my choice in having non-LEGO related gaming news. I think it would be more-or-less redundant to have it here. I mean, if it matters to us, the members will most likely post it in their status updates anyway. Just my opinion.

I completely disagree. I think we need full coverage on all gaming news, because so much goes unreported here, and there's some pretty interesting things that don't get reported anywhere.

This is a LEGO gaming site, yet the news will cover both extremes; just LEGO, and just Gaming. I think that's a good balance.

Zephyria

Various other sites do gaming news a lot better than we could ever hope, Ben. Case in point: The Escapist.

I would, however, be interested in doing some reviews of recently released games. It'll allow me to hone my writing to the masses skills.
  • McStudz thanked this

McJobless

Various other sites do gaming news a lot better than we could ever hope, Ben. Case in point: The Escapist.

Not many report news on large scale mods, none have reported the amount of complaints regarding AC3 PC's unoptimisation, and very few report on upcomming Indie games. Although, Kotaku and Escapist are pretty good.

I would, however, be interested in doing some reviews of recently released games. It'll allow me to hone my writing to the masses skills.

I would also like to do reviews, and I think it'd be pretty awesome if the both of us did a weekly review each (we'd probably have different styles and games), as well as the news reports.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RRU, Improvement