Photo

The LEGO Island Cards - Christmas Edition (RRU Special) (UPDATE 3.0!)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

lu9

I like it.

Just wondering, what language did you program it in? The fact that all the resources are built in makes me suspect Flash.

It is probably game maker, i can see that some effects like the glow around the lego island logo is made with the build in sprite editor.

Yeah, it was game maker. But you can tell it just seeing that you toggle Full Screen with F4.

If you guys want the source I can upload it

And I released a really neat thing along with this:

LEGO Island Cards Screensaver
This, as a screensaver, won't have music at all, but still sounds, you can't control them with arrows and stuff, the app itself scrolls between the cards.
In every update from now on, the ScreenSaver will be included with the actual program.

Here is the download:
Download
enjoy :D

EDIT:
And a new update,
the ZIP contains the application + ScreenSaver.

check out the changelog on the first post :)

Lair

Lair

Elite Member

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

Triple Post

NO.

Cyrem, is there a way to bump topics (that you created of course) without having to double-post?

You don't.
You just edit the post.
If it's been a day or two then bump it
but two posts less than five hours apart is silly, wait a while longer or it will seem like you're just trying to get your topics noticed way too hard.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
I merged them. But yes, just edit the post... we will see the edit, you don't need to worry about that.

lu9

I merged them. But yes, just edit the post... we will see the edit, you don't need to worry about that.

Thank you Cyrem, so much better now :)

Pranciblad

Pranciblad

Out here in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I have a problem. Both of the LI1 songs refuse to play for me. Also, are the cards supposed to be slightly translucent? You can see the background moving through them if you look very closely. Other than that, nice job on the 2.0 version!

lu9

I have a problem. Both of the LI1 songs refuse to play for me. Also, are the cards supposed to be slightly translucent? You can see the background moving through them if you look very closely. Other than that, nice job on the 2.0 version!

I don't really know why it doesn't work :/
And yes, the cards were supposed to be a bit translucent, but in the next version - a full options screen with more backgrounds and 9 musics, this time the musics are in OGG and you can play them outside of the application too.
And it can save changes as an .ini file, so everytime you run the application it loads your settings.

Here is some screens:
Spoiler

McJobless

Who is Shinbison2012?!

Lair

Lair

Elite Member

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
^
this:

you may find some users that you don't know, they are just making a special appearance, they are from great forums I go, because I am also posting this little app for them, like as a gift from the other forum

McJobless

you may find some users that you don't know, they are just making a special appearance, they are from great forums I go, because I am also posting this little app for them, like as a gift from the other forum

Why call it the "RRU Special" if you have other people in it? Just leave it as RRU members or get rid of RRU special.

lu9

because RRU members appear more than everyone else
Updates for today = yes
WITH:
Pascal
and
Inforaceriac (by El Scorcho request)

Cirevam

Neat program. Even neater that you're giving this to us and friends of yours on other forums. Thank you.
  • Lair thanked this

Pascal

I know this is just a app as a showcase for cards but would it be cool if its an actual card game where you need to collect the cards? (I could help you with that, i have 4 years of experience with gamemaker :af:)

Oh btw thanks for adding me in :3
Edit: ohgod the :3 smiley creeps me out.

lu9

I know this is just a app as a showcase for cards but would it be cool if its an actual card game where you need to collect the cards? (I could help you with that, i have 4 years of experience with gamemaker :af:)

Oh btw thanks for adding me in :3
Edit: ohgod the :3 smiley creeps me out.

That would be really nice!
And the newest version is here!
http://rrubucket.s3....INAL_189750.zip
THE FINAL VERSION!

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED, And stay tuned for the next special - The Easter special...
:3
problem Pascal

le717

Ah, nuts. I missed the chance to get my avatar added.

Posted Image

Is there by any chance you can make a minor release to add my image? BTW, my name is always lowercase. Some sites just insist on capitalizing it. ;)

lu9

Ah, nuts. I missed the chance to get my avatar added.

Posted Image

Is there by any chance you can make a minor release to add my image? BTW, my name is always lowercase. Some sites just insist on capitalizing it. ;)

I don't know, but if you are a good Waiter (not that kind of waiter) you'll wait until Easter to the Easter special...
But I'll see what I can do