Photo

LEGO Racers HD (mod project, WIP)

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

le717

I can give a hand with that. I have some really high-quality sound fonts on hand that I can use to remaster the original songs.

I..., no we, would love to hear you try! Keep in mind there is no rush.

I would love to hear them as well! :D Again, no rush. In fact, take a little bit in making the songs. If you remember, the TUNs are modified VOX files, and until we can get clean versions of them, we are unable to add new, clean audio. ;)

Kenney

Kenney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Well I want to keep this texture-only (said that on page two I believe), but if you guys want to recreate stuff from LR go ahead but start a new thread ;)

Progress report: only a few textures left.

Posted Image
  • Alcom1, MTG1993Goblin and aidenpons thanked this

musiclover350

Nice work. This HD project is coming along nicely! I had no luck with 3D Ripper DX, so unfortunately I can't rip textures. If I could I'd be glad to help out.

WillKirkby

Kenney, you are bringing to life something I've dreamed of for ages, but lacked the artistic skill to pull off.

Sincerely, thank you.
  • Xiron and Alcom1 thanked this

Xiron

Anyone else think Cyrem should make a poll on which track or whatever he should rip next? (unless of course, test track aside, he was planning on doing the tracks in order by folder, because for those who didn't notice RKR comes first).

Kenney

Kenney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Kenney, you are bringing to life something I've dreamed of for ages, but lacked the artistic skill to pull off.

Sincerely, thank you.

You're very welcome, everyone got their own thing they're good at. Bits and bops aren't my thing.

Anyone else think Cyrem should make a poll on which track or whatever he should rip next? (unless of course, test track aside, he was planning on doing the tracks in order by folder, because for those who didn't notice RKR comes first).

There's a thread for that;

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Xiron

There's a thread for that;

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

There ain't no poll on it though. :P

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts
I bring bad news. The font BMP's don't seem to work like any other BMP. When I replace it with the ripped copy, I get errors about characters missing. There is also a FDB file which seems to define what is in the font BMP's.

This might be a hard one...

EDIT: Spoke too soon, I got this... just required hacking up the image a little.

LimeKiller

LimeKiller

Critically hit for 0 damage.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

I was thinking about that, Cyrem probably knows if it's possible to add transparency to a texture that didn't had it before? The second question is, why did they leave the black in there in the first place?

(Referring to the castle's battlements)

This is kind of bringing something back up, but are you sure they were like that in the first place? I don't know how they could have changed, but take a look at my version:
Posted Image

I didn't change anything, that's for sure.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Just wondering, are you going to fix the transparency issues with the castle's battlements?

I was thinking about that, Cyrem probably knows if it's possible to add transparency to a texture that didn't had it before? The second question is, why did they leave the black in there in the first place?

I was looking at that, I thought it was like that before... guess not.

Just change it to indexed colour and it should go transparent.

Comparing the shot above to the HD one, so much more clarity O_O .

Kenney

Kenney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
That's possibly because I'm running the game at 1920 x 1200 with injected 16x texture filter and 32x CSAA anti-alias ;)

Pascal

Is there any way to edit the skies? It would be awesome if the skies were HD too!

Xiron

Is there any way to edit the skies? It would be awesome if the skies were HD too!

The skies are in the BACKGRND.SKB files, and whether it uses an actual texture or is told colors to use for a gradient is unknown.

Cirevam

I thought the SKBs are just a start colour and an end colour, maybe something else in the middle. Once we can export custom models to GDB then we can put our own skydomes into the game, custom crafted and all. But once the glorious researchers get to that point we'll be changing everything else.

EVERYTHING.

I'll be making tracks with wadjam loop-de-loops. Captain Redbeard will be the boss for tracks with those.

WillKirkby

SKB contains gradient data. More detailed skyboxes are achieved via GDBs.