Photo

LEGO Galaxy Squad

Galaxy Squad LEGO Theme

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

McJobless

I'd like my Shell Fuel Station and Spybots back instead of this, if you don't mind.
  • RockRaider thanked this

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
I do mind
  • McJobless thanked this

Phoenyx

After giving it some thought, I think I'm ready to give my opinion on the sets.

I like the earth ships. They actually remind me of the old UFO theme in a way, with a little "Life on Mars" mixed in.

The bugs, on the other hand... I liked insectoids when I was a kid. These things are ruining my childhood.

Ultimately, though...

I'd like my Shell Fuel Station and Spybots back instead of this, if you don't mind.

This. Space bugs are great and all, but I want something I can actually mess around with so I'm not bored all the time (not that I can't do that with space bugs, but these days the standard models are so fragile you can't really do anything with them except display them on a shelf - the architectural series models hold together better!). I think I'll get back into flying RC helicopters...

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts
Just finished building the Vermin Vaporizer last night, and it's easily one of my favorite modern space sets. The driver actually sits in a smaller little buggy, and the front of the vehicle flips down into a ramp so it can drive on out. The turret on the back also can stand up and become a sweet little individual mech. Despite how it can split up into three vehicles, though, the entire thing feels really solid and looks great. The minifigures are excellent, too.

McStudz

I think the one set I will have to get NO MATTER WHAT (regarding if I ever end up with no money, and not many LEGO sets this year) would have to be the Swarm Interceptor. That thing is all kinds of awesome. And if possible, I'll be getting as many of the Galaxy Squad sets as possible.

And is it just me, or does the Red robot sidekick remind me a lot of Admiral Ackbar???

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

Swarm Interceptor. That thing is all kinds of awesome.

dude no the green vehicle is the best it's like a truck WITH A MECH IN THE BACK WOW

McStudz

But the Swarm Interceptor has swoosh. Mind you, if I got the opportunity to get the other one, I would.

RockRaider

I just noticed this thread now... and I couldn't agree with you more. I wanted that stuff so badly when it came out. >.<
  • McJobless and eagleeyedan thanked this

eagleeyedan

eagleeyedan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

I love this theme. Almost got one at the store yesterday but had to pass it up because I was late for something else.

vitawrap

Looks cool!

Merdon

Merdon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
I have cheapest set in this line, and that's it. Nothing else really appeals to me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Galaxy Squad, LEGO, Theme