Lego Racer 1 Alpha/beta Font

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

AppliArt

AppliArt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I was looking around in Jamesster's old LR1 screenshots and I noticed that the font used in the menus (and probably in the races too) is different than the one we have today. And I think it looks way better than the cartoonish one we have now. Aswell as the menu backgrounds. Is it possible to change the fonts? As a graphics designer I could be able to do some graphics work, if possible ofcourse.

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts
I don't see why we couldn't - the font is just a

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

mumboking

the font is just a LR1 BMP file, right?

There's also another file that probably contains locations of all the characters in the BMP.

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
It would be from a prototype. As far as I know, LEGO Racers never had a beta.
Now that I look at it, I do sort of like this font better than the one it has currently. Though I don't like that nightmarish blend of Pippin and the Baron.

MCHover

MCHover

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

I don't see why we couldn't - the font is just a

A little bit OT, but that symbol in the lower left corner reminds me much of the Alpha Team logo...

AppliArt

AppliArt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

A little bit OT, but that symbol in the lower left corner reminds me much of the Alpha Team logo...

I'm guessing that's just some watermark.

But anyhow, if the font file has already been ripped, where can I find it?

Creator

Creator

The AI Car Recolouring Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Huh, don't think i ever saw any of those screenshots before. Interesting. Why is the Baron wearing Gail Storm's costume, though?

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

But anyhow, if the font file has already been ripped, where can I find it?

Try this:

AppliArt

AppliArt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thanks buddy, I'll give it my best shot in recreating the old font. :D

le717

It would be from a prototype. As far as I know, LEGO Racers never had a beta.

LEGO Racers had a beta. All games, unless the devs jump from the beginning of the game to the final and never change the versioning, have both an alpha and a beta.

It's called the IGN watermark. :P

Aswell as the menu backgrounds. Is it possible to change the fonts?

The fonts question has already been answered. but I'll do the first one.

Yes, the background can be modded. I've got some screenshots of just the background on my Brickshelf with Racers running in both

and

mode (but I need to rip it). The colors on each may be a bit different, but I'm not sure. I'm don't remember the file name of the background, but it's not too hard to find. ;)

mumboking

I don't remember the file name of the background, but it's not too hard to find. ;)

MENUDATA\BACKDRP.BMP

le717

MENUDATA\BACKDRP.BMP

I should have remembered that. Every time I see that filename, I think it says "Back Derp". Don't ask why, I'm not too sure myself. :P

AppliArt

AppliArt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I can report some progress has been made with recreating the beta font, too bad I can't seem to find a way of loading it into the game. :l

Posted Image

MCHover

MCHover

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

It's called the IGN watermark. :P

Heh... How silly of me...

I can report some progress has been made with recreating the beta font, too bad I can't seem to find a way of loading it into the game. :l

Have you tried to move your new characters to the old characters positions in the image?

lu9

MENUDATA\BACKDRP.BMP

I should have remembered that. Every time I see that filename, I think it says "Back Derp". Don't ask why, I'm not too sure myself. :P

Actually it's BackDrop, A.K.A. The blue studs background on LEGO Racers