Photo

King Kahuka Demo Car

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Jack Bluebeard

...and what would it be?

vitawrap

But if you had to replace your actual wheels with the car model, does it means that there is 5 models that are the same, and so that when you turn, two of your Car models are facing the way you turn?

Jack Bluebeard

I don't understand. What do you mean?

Jack Bluebeard

Anyway, I think I found the chassis: they are in a file called CHASSIS.CMB. Now the thing is find a way to edit it.

alan

alan

Map Creator

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Yes, that is the file where the chassis are written in. But I don't find a way to 'convert' the AI car models to these chassis values...

Jack Bluebeard

You're right. There isn't a way to edit it. BUT I noticed that the files .RRB are called ex: R1_F_0.RRB and, thanks to RobExplorien for his tutorial, R1 represent a certain AI. Now, considering that the player-controlled car has as number 0, if we can switch the number of the AI to that of the player's car, we will play like the AI. BUT this is just a theory; I have not tested it yet. And above all I do not know yet what is the file that determines the numbers of cars.

EDIT: and already, I am just determined to complete it :)  :smug:

alan

alan

Map Creator

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

You're right. There isn't a way to edit it. BUT I noticed that the files .RRB are called ex: R1_F_0.RRB and, thanks to RobExplorien for his tutorial, R1 represent a certain AI. Now, considering that the player-controlled car has as number 0, if we can switch the number of the AI to that of the player's car, we will play like the AI. BUT this is just a theory; I have not tested it yet. And above all I do not know yet what is the file that determines the numbers of cars.

EDIT: and already, I am just determined to complete it :)  :smug:

The RRB files are only describing the path of the AI, no matter which model they use! It only describes the path of the AI that is number 1 (I guess that's the boss) but you could also make e.g. Pharaos Mummy drive like Captain Redbeard!

Jack Bluebeard

The RRB files are only describing the path of the AI, no matter which model they use! It only describes the path of the AI that is number 1 (I guess that's the boss) but you could also make e.g. Pharaos Mummy drive like Captain Redbeard!

No no no. That was an example! What I mean is that:

In a file X a number indicates the files that together form the car. If we change the car number of the player within the file x with a number of an AI maybe we could solve the question of playing with the npc model. This might be right?

alan

alan

Map Creator

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

No, you can't just edit the file numbers or something similar to make the player's car look like an AI model. The AI models are themselves saved in model files while the players' cars are actually saved in the savegame file and even the players' car chassis are not saved in the same way as the AI cars.

It is not possible!