Photo

Axel's Mod 1.5 (NEW Update, 11/30/2013, Page 3)

LEGO Rock Raiders Mod Overhaul

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

alan

alan

Map Creator

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

-snip-

NEW BIOME

I think this biome requires a very specific kind of map design, and I don't want to use this biome for more than one map (I'm thinking a tutorial).

In other words, if I want to script a tutorial, then this biome will be used.  If not, I don't know.  But I probably will.

Cool new biome! I guess this should be on the surface? It really looks good and I can't wait to see the whole texture-pack!

Alan, I don't really know what I'll do about the vehicles at this point.  I feel like there can be some use to each vehicle, but that most won't be used regularly.  I don't want the laser cutters just driving across lava unless I can make that look like it makes sense.  But I don't mean that I want to get rid of any of the vehicles we already have.

I never said they should be able to drive across lava  :S but what I meant is that you could change the specifics of the vehicles to give them a unique function.

Axel

Axel

Eaol

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

I never said they should be able to drive across lava

I know, but Baz did :P 

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts
Excellent biome for the surface there. Looking forward to more.

Axel

Axel

Eaol

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

I guess this should be on the surface?

What made you guess?  :P 

Axel

Axel

Eaol

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

The Snake, and a prop-in-progress

gallery_756_244_65148.png

Thanks for converting and working on my model, Cirevam.

Does anyone know how to get it so that you can't build buildings and/or walk on the block this rock is on?  If you try to build something there currently, you cannot cancel construction because the object is still on top of the construction area.

gallery_756_244_149978.png

• jamesster and alan thanked this

Cirevam

Make your boulder monster have a collision radius and height in the CFG and add an Activity_Crumble line to its AE file. Shooting it with a vehicle or building laser should kill it and make it disappear. If you don't want it to take more than one hit, add the line "health 1" to each boulder object in the level's OL file. Nearby dynamite should kill it too.

Axel

Axel

Eaol

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

gallery_756_244_19453.png

Just messing with textures.

• jamesster, Fushigisaur and Skyhunter thanked this

mjswdr

mjswdr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Wow, this looks amazing; I'm downloading the 1.5 to try it out. Really really excited for the 2.0 version, are you still working on it?

karsten

I am impressed! Nice work really love some of your new biomes!

c4squid

c4squid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hey, decided to try this overhaul out cuz it looks amazing and i enjoyed baz's. but not sure what file in the original post is newer. there is the main mod 1.5 but then the update says v1.0 just curious what to do first.

legorr2020

legorr2020

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Is this mod still alive? The last post was from December 22, 2013, ?

Modified CFG file download link doesn't work. Reupload?

LegoFox89

LegoFox89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

What happen with mod in 2014 is dead?

Axel

Axel

Eaol

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

I'm slowly resurrecting it.  You'll just have to wait for a bit longer to see anything.  I felt bad that I'd let it die for a few months.

Axel

Axel

Eaol

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

So I tried to slightly differentiate (and fix issues with) the two icy biomes:

dyvi1s.jpg

The default Ice biome, above, has been altered so that the lighting (now blue and purple, like the solid rock) is more consistent between wall types.  Also, now there isn't the awkward green splotches, most noticeable on the loose rock walls in the center of the image.

jrbup3.png
On the icy-rock biome (specifically created for Search 'n' Rescue, but then expanded to other things), the color scheme is a whitish with some blue - so I desaturated the excessive cyan color from the loose rock walls here and now they look a lot better together, in my opinion.

• aidenpons thanked this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LEGO Rock Raiders, Mod, Overhaul