Photo

Rock Raiders United Incorporated Research - Help Wanted!

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Phoenyx

How will it come back together if it is being squashed by 20 long ton metal cube?

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Nanorobotics

Tracker

Tracker

AIV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

How will it come back together if it is being squashed by 20 long ton metal cube?

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Nanorobotics

Um, that won't help the fact that there would be no room between the metal block and the floor for a toilet, which was the problem I was referring to.

Phoenyx

Um, that won't help the fact that there would be no room between the metal block and the floor for a toilet, which was the problem I was referring to.

That would only be a problem if a perfectly smooth surface was used for the flooring, which is a pretty dumb thing to do. Also, fluid displacement and conservation of mass. Even if there wasn't a gap between the uranium cube and the floor, the nanites would have to go somewhere, and that somewhere would be around the block. Back to the function of the nanites, they're designed to unblock clogs at the molecular level and repair the toilet. The uranium block would be considered a (excessively large) clog. You'd probably end up with some angry toilets, though.

Tracker

Tracker

AIV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

That would only be a problem if a perfectly smooth surface was used for the flooring, which is a pretty dumb thing to do. Also, fluid displacement and conservation of mass. Even if there wasn't a gap between the uranium cube and the floor, the nanites would have to go somewhere, and that somewhere would be around the block. Back to the function of the nanites, they're designed to unblock clogs at the molecular level and repair the toilet. The uranium block would be considered a (excessively large) clog. You'd probably end up with some angry toilets, though.

Uranium, like other f-block elements, is very reactive chemically, so the nanites may break when they try to take the block apart. Then again, the block will tend to fall apart by forming oxides, and the remaining bits will likely burn spontaneously when attacked by the nanites.

Phoenyx

Uranium, like other f-block elements, is very reactive chemically, so the nanites may break when they try to take the block apart. Then again, the block will tend to fall apart by forming oxides, and the remaining bits will likely burn spontaneously when attacked by the nanites.

The reactivity of Uranium would actually make it easier for the nanites to break it down. Carbon is also highly reactive - it pretty much will bond to anything, and hydrogen can be used to block off certain bonds in order to control how the carbon bonds with other molecules. In fact, that's how organic molecules like Adenine Triphosphate and Deoxyribonucleic Acid are formed.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Since the penthouse is now CIrevam's, i'm installing a new level below addict's secret test lab. I think thats the lowest floor? yeah, i'll be there.

• Lair, McStudz, McJobless and 1 other thanked this

JimbobJeffers

Could I move into my own floor now please? I don't need all the description I gave before if I'm eligible, simply the name 'JimbobJeffers' Floor'. Floor 1996 would be nice, seeing as it's right next to the insanity of LEGO Island's Infomaniac.

Also, perhaps we should install a meme floor, or an asylum or something. Somewhere to store all the crazies of RRU like the Running Man (he'd need a special cage to prevent his escaping).

Oh yeah, about room 7,289, the one I previously reserved... I accidentally let in a Chaos Spawn and the entire floor is infested. Don't worry, I've deployed my own JimBot 3000s in an attempt to contain the situation.

• Drill Master and Fushigisaur thanked this

Drill Master

Drill Master

Drill Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

If Floor 117 isn't taken, I'll need it for my drill factory. The walls will need to be soundproof 6 inch thick titanium (as I will also be testing various explosives). I will also need a quarantine area to hold my Radioactive Meta Drill Prototype, as at times it can be a bit unstable. If the Meta Drill were to go into Full Meltdown, I require that my level be jettisoned away from the main building immediately to prevent catostrophic damage, even if I'm still inside.

Oh and I'll need a little room to compose my music in. :P

Xiron

Jsyk, I'll be taking room 526 for my JAM factory.