Photo

Lego To Non-Lego Compatibility List

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Phoenyx

I thought about this, and there are some non-LEGO building systems and hobby equipment that are compatible with LEGO bricks.
We already know about Mega-Fail and that new company, so I won't list them on this list - this is more about dissimilar construction sets and kits, as well as hobby equipment.

I'll also list the compatibility percentages and difficulty. Systems will be listed in order of popularity.
  • K'nex (80%) (Easy): As well as K'nex Blox, K'nex shaft elements are compatible with the LEGO Technic line to a major extent.
  • Erector (40%) (Advanced): The spacing on Erector metal components allows for bolts to be run through every fourth hole on a Technic piece.
  • Any 1-Scale, G-scale, or O-Scale Model Trains (10%) (Advanced): Not really compatible, but with a lot of patience, skill and attention to detail you can build believable structures. Indoor use only!
  • Rokenbok RC Construction System (50%-US Only) (Easy): European builders, you're out of luck. This has compatibility with a different building system that is NOT compatible with LEGO. In the US, however, Rokenbok floor plates have a LEGO compatible design.
  • VEX Robotics Design Set (50%) (Advanced): As well as the above mentioned compatibility for Erector, VEX's square shafts work well as driveshafts for LEGO equipment. Probably the easiest way to add advanced robotics functions or animation to a LEGO display, so long as you know how to change flowers program in RobotC or Lab-View.
  • Pitsco/LEGO Education Tetrix Robotics System (20%) (Intermediate): It's not exactly a non-LEGO system - It's made by TLG subsidiary Pitsco and was designed to be controlled with a LEGO Mindstorms NXT unit. However, for the purposes of this list it counts as non-LEGO. The system includes mounting brackets for the pin-only Technic components. Figuring out how to mount the components is easy. Figuring out where to go from there is, er... not so easy.
  • Will update list

Systems that don't work:
  • Lynxmotion Servo Erector Set: Although it's similar to the Tetrix system, there are no mounting brackets and the components are much smaller. Trust me - I tried.
  • Will update list

McJobless

I'm going to be destroyed for this, but "Megablocks" is pretty much 100% compatible if you need to borrow the Halo/GTA guns.

Phoenyx

I'm going to be destroyed for this, but "Megablocks" is pretty much 100% compatible if you need to borrow the Halo/GTA guns.

I decided not to list Megafail because of the similarities in design. The main difference is material quality and workmanship.

Phoenyx

Nice list bro! I hope that you can keep updating this, because its interesting...

I will be updating it as I find more compatible building systems. So far I've covered most of the major ones.

lu9

Put Xalingo
Posted Image
Xalingo is a brazilian toy company
I haven't bought one yet but I can be asured that it is compatible with the LEGO System
and also look at the minifigs...
100% copy

Phoenyx

Put Xalingo
Posted Image
Xalingo is a brazilian toy company
I haven't bought one yet but I can be asured that it is compatible with the LEGO System
and also look at the minifigs...
100% copy

Didn't know about it at the time, but if I did I would have listed them with MegaFail and "that new company".

le717

but if I did I would have listed them with MegaFail and "that new company".

You mean,

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

I've seen these around. The former also has a few officially sponsored US Army sets, and the latter is a Walmart. They also have Army stuff.

Posted Image

Oh what fun it is to buy cheap LEGO knockoffs. OH! :P

Tracker

Tracker

AIV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
Actually Best Lock is at least as old Megablocks. I think I have an old kit scattered around my place.

AcePilot90

AcePilot90

Ace

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
Found this at my Grocery Outlet...
Posted Image

Phoenyx

Ok, before someone posts more about Best-lock, Kid Connection or Xalingo, I must state that this list is intended to show the compatibility between dissimilar construction systems. Any interlocking block system is by default compatible with LEGO.

Lair

Lair

Elite Member

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

We already know about Mega-Fail and that new company

I don't know about them.
Or do you mean megablocks?

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,624 posts

megablocks?

*Mega Bloks

Lair

Lair

Elite Member

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

megablocks?

*Mega Bloks

...see I don't even know how to spell their name errrrgh

Phoenyx

I don't know about them.
Or do you mean Mega Bloks?

I do, in fact. Their lack of parts quality earned them the "megafail" nickname. I haven't seen a single Mega Bloks kit that didn't have flash or mold lines on every other part. It's worse than the first-run Citidel Finecast models.