Photo

1:8 scale LMS Explorer

LMS Explorer digital medium scale detail cuusoo

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Arthuriel

This is my latest creation. It has some flaws (e.g. the engines), but it was sometimes very hard to find the right pieces etc. Otherwise I chose this scale,

because it was a challenge to build a smaller version which contains lot of details too.

pieces: 5320 (aargh, so many small pieces^^). My newer version has 5297 pieces (I eliminated some smaller flaws and exchanged smaller parts with

bigger ones to reduce the brick count).
building time: hmm, maybe 30 to 50 hours
scale: not exactly 1:8 but very close to it (~1:8,25) (compared to my 1:1 scale version of the LMS Explorer, which is 975 studs long)
construction program: LDD (but I have converted the model into ldr (MLCAD) and lcd (LeoCAD) files, too)

dimensions:
Length: 116 studs/ 91,36 cm/ 35,97 in.
Width: 17 studs/ 13,49 cm/ 5,31 in.
Height: 16 studs/ 12,70 cm/ 5,00 in.

Note: I've also uploaded this model on Mocpages: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/306994, flickr: http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream and Lego Cuusoo: http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/38716

On Lego Cuusoo it needs 10.000 supporters to get into the review stage and with some luck it could become a real lego set (probably a smaller version, because the 1:8 model is still very big).

gallery_1586_210_292734.png

gallery_1586_210_168398.png

gallery_1586_210_41465.png

gallery_1586_210_9409.png

gallery_1586_210_66148.png

gallery_1586_210_71053.png

gallery_1586_210_22901.png

gallery_1586_210_211407.png

• Rock Raider fan no.1, le717, ExtremeDude2 and 7 others thanked this

McJobless

Freaking amazing. Fantastic work!

McSpudz

Yes, this is brilliant! Although I was expecting an actual micro scale... This is more like the Midi-scale Millenium Falcon and Imperial Star Destroyer.

But still, great work!

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
Dear sir
Once again you have presented amazing work.
Thank you

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts
Amazing work,

I really like this size model.

Arthuriel

Thank you for your comments :) . A even smaller version would be interesting, too (e.g. 1:18 etc.).
Hmm, how big would be the smallest model you could still recognize as the LMS Explorer :lol: ? *building a version with one or more bricks ;) *

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

Hmm, how big would be the smallest model you could still recognize as the LMS Explorer :lol: ? *building a version with one or more bricks ;) *

I built a 1:16 model. Can't find it atm, but I'll get the pictures if you want me to.

Arthuriel

Do you the mean the ship from this thread?: http://www.rockraide...lms-mini-model/

The brickshelf link is brocken there but I have found your model on Lego Universe. Maybe you could upload it here again, please.

PS: When I compared my 1:1 model and your 1:16 model I discovered that your version is a exact 1:9 version :) (975 studs / 138 studs = 9 (1:9 scale)).
  • Lair thanked this

Alcom1

Any possibility for a .lxf download of this one?

Arthuriel

I will send you the .lxf-file via e-mail, if you want to.
  • Alcom1 thanked this

thetoolraider

You're sweet, man! :)

Alcom1

I will send you the .lxf-file via e-mail, if you want to.

Sure! My email is on my profile page.

Snow Monk

Snow Monk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Ooo, Now that is Awesome. Looks fantastic.
Defiantly want that. Want that alot.
The scale is magnificent and the details look incredible.

This need to get build ;P

Very Nice Sir, Very Nice.

Aidan3106

Aidan3106

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
There needs to be a Lego set for this LMS Explorer.

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

There needs to be a Lego set for this LMS Explorer.

How about not?
Maybe for a mini version like this, but a full version would be over 25 feet long.
  • Alcom1 thanked this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LMS Explorer, digital, medium, scale, detail, cuusoo