• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

LimeKiller

LimeKiller

Critically hit for 0 damage.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Er.. I don't think you're allowed to post that.

But anyway, could you just make an .iso file and mount it on a virtual drive? There are multiple free programs to both make and play .iso files.

Cirevam

If I remember right you have to install it from an ISO on a virtual drive for it to look at the virtual drive. I just installed LR2 on this computer with an ISO and it only works with the ISO mounted, but something is nagging me in the back of my head that it doesn't work if you install from the CD drive...

le717

If I remember right you have to install it from an ISO on a virtual drive for it to look at the virtual drive. I just installed LR2 on this computer with an ISO and it only works with the ISO mounted, but something is nagging me in the back of my head that it doesn't work if you install from the CD drive...

That nagging something is telling you wrong. :P

If you install it from a virtual drive,  you will need to mount the ISO every time, because the games looks for that drive letter. If you install it from the CD, you need to put it in the same drive, because it looks for that drive letter. However, that drive letter can be changed. It is defined in a registry string, and changing it to the proper drive letter, be it virtual or physical, will make Racers 2 look for the disc in that drive letter. This is the whole reason I had some much trouble making an LR2 Alternate Installer. I don't remember where it is located (I haven't installed LR2 on my laptop yet), but it's posted multiple times around here. ;)

Aidan810

I bought LEGO Racers & LEGO Racers 2 for £7 from eBay, and they arrived yesterday. LR1 runs without a disc, however LR2 requires the disc to be inserted whilst playing. Did you guys ever find a fix for this? If so, can you describe how you did it? Thanks. :)

-Aidan

FlashySnakez

FlashySnakez

Leader of Xalax

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Like NR2003, there's a no cd patch. Also, in the 1st grade, I somehow noticed that installing the game a certain way actually can bypass it.

But, I don't remember how.

Shadowblaze

http://www.rockraide...d-no-cd-on-lr2/ There. For LR I don't know if there are any fixes though.

Aidan810

I'm on a 64-bit system, so that doesn't work for me. :/ Thanks anyway.

JrMasterModelBuilder

JrMasterModelBuilder

LR, LR2, LDR, and LDD Extractor Creator

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

I'm on a 64-bit system, so that doesn't work for me. :/ Thanks anyway.

If you are referring to:

http://www.rockraide...d-no-cd-on-lr2/ There. For LR I don't know if there are any fixes though.

This was done on a 64-bit computer.

Aidan810

If you are referring to:

This was done on a 64-bit computer.

When I try and run UNTGC, it opens for a split second then closes again. I tried running as admin, service pack etc.. Any other advice?

JimbobJeffers

You need to place all three files in the same folder as the UNGTC file - GAMEDATA.GTC, FILELIST.INF and COMPRESS.INF I think they're called. Then run it.

I've made a tutorial here which should help you out. :thumbsup:

Aidan810

Awesome, it works without the disc now. :) Turns out I didn't put those 3 files in with the UNGTC file. Thanks for the help everyone. :D