• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Pereki

Pereki

Resident Boring Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

I have The Lost Temple... do you want me to scan it?

I'll echo BobaFett2's sentiments. That would be excellent.

Question: How do you get good scans? The uploads on Mediafire were all pictures, except one (and the Space Port book), because scans never came out right.

What kind of a scanner are you using? Books are kind of tricky because to get a good scan you have to press the page down flat and hold it, which isn't terribly good for the book spine, I don't think. You'd also want to make sure that the cover is as far down as possible, even though with a book it isn't going to completely close. If it's possible, it is good to preview a scan before going through with it to make sure the page is properly aligned and not off-kilter or anything.

No idea if any of that's helpful to whatever problem you experienced, but that's the advice that comes to mind from my experience scanning LEGO magazines.

BobaFett2

BobaFett2

Game Design Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

It's a home printer's scanner. It's not a bad scanner, by any means. If it's a matter of damaging the book, I'd rather avoid scanning it.

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts
I've got Knights' Kingdom: Medieval Mischief and Mayhem, Castle Under Attack (Knights' Kingdom 1), Rocket Rescue (Space Port, Boba's already got that one), Secret at Dolphin Bay (City Center), and three classic Pirates books: The Royal Visit, Adventure on Shark Island, and Captain Roger's Activity Book. Not sure if I'll have access to a scanner for a while though.
  • Pereki thanked this

BobaFett2

BobaFett2

Game Design Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

I won't have it until Thanksgiving, so feel free to upload Medieval Mischief and Mayhem and Rocket Rescue if you get a chance.

JrMasterModelBuilder

JrMasterModelBuilder

LR, LR2, LDR, and LDD Extractor Creator

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

I've got 6 old DK books that are, er..., somewhere.

• Race for Survival - Rock Raiders - Level 4
  • Mission to the Arctic - Arctic - Level 3
  • Castle Under Attack - Knights Kingdom - Level 2
  • Rocket Rescue - Space - Level 2
  • Trouble at the Bridge - City - Level 1
  • Secret at Dolphin Bay - City - Level 1

Their condition may not be the best, but if you need me to, I could try to find and scan them.

BTW, if anyone has any of the BIONICLE "Young Readers" or "Guides" books listed here, I'd like to hear about it! I have a few, but I'm missing most of them.

• Pereki and BobaFett2 thanked this

The Ace Railgun

BIONICLE "Young Readers"

I've got one of these It's the Young Reader's Level 3, Journey of Takanuva. Then i've got both the Bionicle Encyclopedias, and one other Bionicle Guide.

Pereki

Pereki

Resident Boring Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

I've got one of these It's the Young Reader's Level 3, Journey of Takanuva. Then i've got both the Bionicle Encyclopedias, and one other Bionicle Guide.

The rules state we cannot link to books less than ten years old, so I believe for the time being Journey of Takanuva and the encyclopedias are out.

Their condition may not be the best, but if you need me to, I could try to find and scan them.

If you have the time, it would definitely be great to get scans of the ones that BobaFett2/jamesster don't have.

BobaFett2

BobaFett2

Game Design Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

I've got 6 old DK books that are, er..., somewhere.

• Race for Survival - Rock Raiders - Level 4
  • Mission to the Arctic - Arctic - Level 3
  • Castle Under Attack - Knights Kingdom - Level 2
  • Rocket Rescue - Space - Level 2
  • Trouble at the Bridge - City - Level 1
  • Secret at Dolphin Bay - City - Level 1

BTW, if anyone has any of the BIONICLE "Young Readers" or "Guides" books listed here, I'd like to hear about it! I have a few, but I'm missing most of them.

That would be excellent. I actually used to have all but one of those, but now I only have two.

I have BIONICLE World (I think), BIONICLE Rahi Beasts (pretty sure), the Official Guide (may be missing pages/some are loose, but it's mostly complete and more than 10 years old). I may have another hidden somewhere, but I can't look until I go home for Thanksgiving.

Is anyone interested in the LEGOLAND books?

JrMasterModelBuilder

JrMasterModelBuilder

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

The rules state we cannot link to books less than ten years old, so I believe for the time being Journey of Takanuva and the encyclopedias are out.

No worries, I won't link them here, at least until the get a little older.

If you have the time, it would definitely be great to get scans of the ones that BobaFett2/jamesster don't have.

Hmm, where did I put them...

Is anyone interested in the LEGOLAND books?

Sure!
  • Pereki thanked this

BobaFett2

BobaFett2

Game Design Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Excellent. I'll put the BIONICLE book, LEGOLAND Books, and Medieval Mischief and Mayhem on my to-do list, and I'll also upload the Space Port book if nobody else has by Thanksgiving.

• Pereki thanked this

Brigs

Brigs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

By happenstance, I have recently begun collecting LEGO books, and purchased a variety of Bionicle books at local thrift stores. Do you require any of the following?

Bionicle Chronicles

• 1 Tale of the Toa
  • 2 Beware the Bohrok
  • 3 Makuta's Revenge

Bionicle Adventures

• 1 Mystery of Metru Nui
  • 3 The Darkness Below
  • 4 Legends of Metru Nui
  • 7 Web of the Visorak
  • 9 Web of Shadows
  • 10 Time Trap

Bionicle Legends

• 10 Swamp of Secrets

Bionicle Guides

• Metru Nui - City of Legends
  • Dark Hunters

Misc.

• LEGO Curse of the Mummy
  • LEGO Ninjago Official Guide

Afterthought: It's possible I could also find some of the yet-uncatalogued books at a library.

• Pereki thanked this

BobaFett2

BobaFett2

Game Design Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Curse of the Mummy.

JrMasterModelBuilder

JrMasterModelBuilder

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

By happenstance, I have recently begun collecting LEGO books, and purchased a variety of Bionicle books at local thrift stores. Do you require any of the following?

Bionicle Chronicles

• 1 Tale of the Toa
  • 2 Beware the Bohrok
  • 3 Makuta's Revenge

Bionicle Adventures

• 1 Mystery of Metru Nui
  • 3 The Darkness Below
  • 4 Legends of Metru Nui
  • 7 Web of the Visorak
  • 9 Web of Shadows
  • 10 Time Trap

Bionicle Legends

• 10 Swamp of Secrets

Bionicle Guides

• Metru Nui - City of Legends
  • Dark Hunters

Misc.

• LEGO Curse of the Mummy
  • LEGO Ninjago Official Guide

Afterthought: It's possible I could also find some of the yet-uncatalogued books at a library.

I'm fairly certain I have all those BIONICLE books. The LEGO ones are new to me though.

aidenpons

So what suggestions do you have as to scanning them? Bend the book flat and ruin the spine, or what?