Photo

Stunt Rally Rf Tool V1.0

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,576 posts
The .wav files aren't the music, Stunt Rally uses Microsoft DirectMusic, like LEGO Island 2, Soccer Mania, Creator Knights Kingdom, and I think a few other games. You're looking at the wrong files entirely.

le717

The .wav files aren't the music, Stunt Rally uses Microsoft DirectMusic, like LEGO Island 2, Soccer Mania, Creator Knights Kingdom, and I think a few other games. You're looking at the wrong files entirely.

Then how come when I extracted the RFs from the demo copy from the CD we have, I got the same files and the same folder structure? Unless the demo uses different audio files then the full game, something is up.

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,576 posts

Then how come when I extracted the RFs from the demo copy from the CD we have, I got the same files and the same folder structure? Unless the demo uses different audio files then the full game, something is up.

I don't have an extracted copy of the Stunt Rally files with me at the moment so I can't give you a path to the music, but I can say for a fact that the music in the demo is the same as the music in the main game, and that you're probably looking at Mr X's audio files or something else similar to that, not music.

EDIT: I installed the game on this computer and extracted the files. Music is at ART0001\music, and uses standard DirectMusic file types (not a .wav in sight), but they aren't blank for me, I even opened the file Lair showed in the screenshot he sent me. DirectMusic Producer can't load them though. Lemme try the demo files and see what happens.

EDIT: ... except I can't find the disc. Ugh. Downloading the ISO I submitted to the Bionicle Media Project... So while the demo downloads, to recap, it seems that for some reason Lair got blank extracted files, and when I extracted and checked the same files, they weren't blank like his, but still unusable. Wonderful.

EDIT: Demo downloaded and extracted, the music files are 100% the same as the main game. Also, le, I looked up the file you posted, it's a speech file for sure (for starters, it's in the SPEECH0001\english folder... :P ).
  • McJobless thanked this

le717

I don't have an extracted copy of the Stunt Rally files with me at the moment so I can't give you a path to the music, but I can say for a fact that the music in the demo is the same as the music in the main game, and that you're probably looking at Mr X's audio files or something else similar to that, not music.

EDIT: I installed the game on this computer and extracted the files. Music is at ART0001\music, and uses standard DirectMusic file types (not a .wav in sight), but they aren't blank for me, I even opened the file Lair showed in the screenshot he sent me. DirectMusic Producer can't load them though. Lemme try the demo files and see what happens.

EDIT: ... except I can't find the disc. Ugh. Downloading the ISO I submitted to the Bionicle Media Project... So while the demo downloads, to recap, it seems that for some reason Lair got blank extracted files, and when I extracted and checked the same files, they weren't blank like his, but still unusable. Wonderful.

EDIT: Demo downloaded and extracted, the music files are 100% the same as the main game. Also, le, I looked up the file you posted, it's a speech file for sure (for starters, it's in the SPEECH0001\english folder... :P ).

Go ahead, Extreme. Go get a good laugh from Jamie's post telling me that I was wrong :P

You know, right after I posted that, I went and extracted the files again (I had pulled those .wav files out and had them somewhere else), and I found the music files. I then relized that I was looking at Mr. X's voice (which I would personally like to use in a movie sometime). I pulled out my flash drive, and extracted DXMusicProducer and tried to run it, but I got an error. I proceeded to install it, but the installer hung at the beginning and used 0 CPU and only around 1,512 KB of RAM for about 5 minutes. I put it in Compatibility mode for WinXP (SP2 &SP3), then Win95, running as admin the whole time, and it kept doing the same thing. I had to leave the house then, and I haven't tried it since (I'm not at home right now because I had to go cut grass. *Yipee.*). So I guess I'll take a look at it later.

I knew the whole time I was looking in the SPEECH0001.rf file. I was thinking that was what Lair was talking about, and didn't proceed to look for the music files in the ART0001.rf.

You know that I posted a link to the SR English demo on this

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, and you didn't have to download the entire disc just for that, right? :P
  • McJobless thanked this

Lair

Lair

Elite Member

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
ASDF I tried adding .MID headers to the .MID files but I can't figure out the variables so it's just 0 seconds long :t

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
I'll be updating this soon with an extractor that actually works with the non-demo.

I also have a suprise.
  • Lair, jamesster and le717 thanked this

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
Oh whoops, forgot to tell the suprise.

The files within the acrhive are zlib compressed. After decompress, everything is back to their orginal formats.
  • Lair and le717 thanked this

Lair

Lair

Elite Member

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
This is wonderful news.

JimbobJeffers

Oh whoops, forgot to tell the suprise.

The files within the acrhive are zlib compressed. After decompress, everything is back to their orginal formats.

Great! Finally I can mod Lego Stunt Rally like Lego Racers :D The overhauls I'm thinking up already...

Could someone give me some help please? I've downloaded three different zlib programs - one from the creator's website, one from some Geek forum (signed up just to download it - sssh), and another which I couldn't figure out how to use. I found no decompression program in the official program, and the second program just compressed it instead (performing the same process on the new zlib file just extracted it again). I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering - how do I do it?

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
Well, you first will need the working RF Tool that correctly breaks down the archives.... which I haven't released yet due to a bug to be fixed.

The one I found to work is offzip:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. It's commandline however.

JimbobJeffers

Ah, okay, thanks. Does that mean that V2.0 will have recompilation? I'd certainly like to mod the living daylights out of this game.
Unless it's been discovered how to run like LRR's data method (last I saw, Extreme asked but no answer was found)?

le717

Oh whoops, forgot to tell the surprise.

The files within the archive are zlib compressed. After decompress, everything is back to their original formats.

Well, you first will need the working RF Tool that correctly breaks down the archives.... which I haven't released yet due to a bug to be fixed.

What happened to this? Did you ever fix the bug?

Lair

Lair

Elite Member

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

I'll be updating this soon with an extractor that actually works with the non-demo.

I also have a suprise.

So... about this.

le717

I also have a suprise.

So... about this.

Yes, will you release this soon? I'm more interested in it that before now that I own SR and finally understand what you meant by the zlib compression (and because the site for the extractor you said works was offline this aftetnoon).