28 replies to this topic

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
Stunt Rally RF Tool v1.0

This tool will extract the resource archive (*.RFD,*.RFH) files LEGO Stunt Rally uses.

v1.0 Features:
  • Extraction
How to Use:
Just put the program in the "Res" folder with all the RFD and RFH files.

Download:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

And no this is not the LEGO LOCO RF Tool renamed, the formats are similar but different. Unfortunately, pretty much all the files within are compressed.

RR Rocks

RR Rocks

RRU's No. 1 lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Wow, Cyrem! your on fire!!! thats the second game I declared unmoddable! Now if you would just make it possible to convert brick files from Lego Creator, then you would be crowned king of modding!

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
Well phoo. Not only are all the sound files oddly unreadable (why won't these wavs work) but it doesn't look like any of them could be music.

Why again are the WAVs unreadable? It doesn't seem to make sense.
Ah... blame IG.

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts
The .wav and .tga files are either corrupted or in an unknown format. And where the heck is the scene data for the stadium?!

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Well phoo. Not only are all the sound files oddly unreadable (why won't these wavs work) but it doesn't look like any of them could be music.

Why again are the WAVs unreadable? It doesn't seem to make sense.
Ah... blame IG.

The .wav and .tga files are either corrupted or in an unknown format. And where the heck is the scene data for the stadium?!

Corrupted? /:|

If you look closely, all the compressed files have similar headers. If they were 'corrupted' the game would not be able to load them.

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts
I don't know anything about file types, so I wouldn't know if a file was corrupted, compressed, or in some other format. And I've been dealing with other corrupted files on my computer recently (It wrecked FireFox and I am using Chrome...) so I didn't know for sure.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

I don't know anything about file types, so I wouldn't know if a file was corrupted, compressed, or in some other format. And I've been dealing with other corrupted files on my computer recently (It wrecked FireFox and I am using Chrome...) so I didn't know for sure.

Well never fear, they are just using some sort of weird compression I haven't see before.

JrMasterModelBuilder

JrMasterModelBuilder

LR, LR2, LDR, and LDD Extractor Creator

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
Stunt Rally? I think I still have that game. . . somewhere. I'll have to try to find it. Double compressed? That's wierd. Does this tool support re-archiveing?

In my experience (mainly Toa Inika Flash bios & GA3 for Mac) corrupt files tend to have their bytes turn from seemingly random hex values to like 98 2C A5 BC to 00 00 00 00. Strings of "00" are common in non-corrupt files though, so it's not always apparent.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Double compressed? That's wierd. Does this tool support re-archiveing?

Yes, some games use archives inside archives, this is somewhat common. This game either uses some sort of compress or weird formats. Not at this stage, I was going to see if anyone really cared about the tool and based on that I would build re-archiving into it.

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts

Double compressed? That's wierd. Does this tool support re-archiveing?

Yes, some games use archives inside archives, this is somewhat common. This game either uses some sort of compress or weird formats. Not at this stage, I was going to see if anyone really cared about the tool and based on that I would build re-archiving into it.

I wouldn't worry about re-archiving until we figure out how to open and modify the files inside. Really, the only thing we can modify right now is the game's text...

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
I would like to report that this tool extracts not headerless files, but completely blank files.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

I would like to report that this tool extracts not headerless files, but completely blank files.

I've known this for sometime.

le717

I've looked at the audio files from the demo, Lair, and they have plenty of data. They just need headers, thus they cannot play. I'm looking into that. I think your RF's must be messed up.

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts

I've looked at the audio files from the demo, Lair, and they have plenty of data. They just need headers, thus they cannot play. I'm looking into that. I think your RF's must be messed up.

Did you look at them in a hex editor like Lair did? They're nothing but a bunch of zeros.

le717

Did you look at them in a hex editor like Lair did? They're nothing but a bunch of zeros.

There is data at the very beginning of the file from help\mainmenu\smm001.wav.

Spoiler

This is from the Demo, but it should be the same from the full game.