Photo

Lego Island 2 Discussion

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Xiron

Wait, how did you mod the files to get through?! SCREENSHOTS AND MODIFIED FILES NOW. O_O

I just removed a .col (collision file) to get around the boundaries (located in z16PYA), and surprisingly the game still worked. (you can remove collision files for like everything.) I tried moving the building around on Lego Island and it worked. I tried fixing the textures but I failed and there is nothing I can do to fix it right now. I probably will be able to in the future.
Spoiler

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
What? When has there EVER been a fire station?????

Xiron

What? When has there EVER been a fire station????

Let me repeat what I just said.

I tried moving the building around on Lego Island and it worked. But the textures are messed up and there is nothing I can do about it right now.

What I did was switch building models around (and their collision area), and it worked. I switched some of the textures around so they would still be on the building, but it is messed up. And it is weird how depending on how far you are the textures change. Like so.
Spoiler

Also, it is cool how the doors on the hospital open even though it isn't the info building.

jamesster

Wait, so you can just delete the .col files and the game still runs?! xD I have got to try this! Nice screenshots BTW. Which .col file did you delete?
Also, I think I know what I did that messed my cutscene mod up, and I'm gonna try again. Wish me luck, as I know little about game modding!

Xiron

What? When has there EVER been a fire station?????

This makes me think that when the time comes somebody should make a fire station.

Wait, so you can just delete the .col files and the game still runs?! xD I have got to try this! Nice screenshots BTW. Which .col file did you delete?

Yup, thank you, and, the name of the collision file for the boundary is land_collision.col.

I think they really did build every building on LEGO island brick by brick because actually I removed some bricks from peppers house in a text file of pepper's house located in the BrickMorph.bob/bod file, and at the beginning of the game where you get bricks for pepper's house some of the bricks were missing. Though when the model is there to last forever it isn't like that anymore. Probably because it is just a model then because it doesn't have to get destructed or constructed. Also I found that the meshes of bricks are in Bricks.bob/bod or in places they are used in. Like the people of LEGO Island are located in the LEGO Island file. People of Castle Island in the Castle Island file and etc.

And now time for some pics of what I have been up to.
Spoiler

Xiron

With my modding powers I somehow managed to get inside the secret area. (yeah in, not on) But it appears nobody cares so why should I bother posting.

jamesster

It's not that I don't care, I simply haven't had time to log on. Did that occur to you? :P
EDIT: I deleted the file you said to delete and replaced the original files with the modded ones, but the game still won't let me through the door or let me run up the walls like in that screen you posted. Help?

Xiron

It's not that I don't care, I simply haven't had time to log on. Did that occur to you? :P
EDIT: I deleted the file you said to delete and replaced the original files with the modded ones, but the game still won't let me through the door or let me run up the walls like in that screen you posted. Help?

Well, you do seem to be a main poster in this topic. But still no one else has said anything. Taking the file off does not let you through the door. I tried removing all the col except for the land but I still couldn't get through it. The way I got in was kinda unintentional.

Spoiler

Not to do with the secret area but with something else on LI2.
Spoiler

and jamesster, here is my boundryless file if you want it.

legomoe

legomoe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
I'm sorry I haven't posted more, but I'm very busy in RL. Me and another friend are working on a game together, and that takes up most all my computer time.

jamesster

Nice screenshots! I'll try out the modified file later. Some questions:
1 - I'll take a look myself when I try your mod, but can you see any immediate reasons why the area was scrapped (Camera glitches, pepper getting stuck, ect)?
2 - So there is also a floating pyramid or something? Weird. Got any idea why it's there?
3 - I recently made a quick YouTube video showing the area - you can see it here:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eIEmA1vA7OI
I showed some of the screenshots you took in the video (I gave credit to you of course and I'm gonna add an annotation with a link to your channel). Is this OK with you? It's not like I'm taking any credit for them.

Xiron

Nice screenshots! I'll try out the modified file later. Some questions:
1 - I'll take a look myself when I try your mod, but can you see any immediate reasons why the area was scrapped (Camera glitches, pepper getting stuck, ect)?
2 - So there is also a floating pyramid or something? Weird. Got any idea why it's there?
3 - I recently made a quick YouTube video showing the area - you can see it here:
(no need to quote video)
I showed some of the screenshots you took in the video (I gave credit to you of course and I'm gonna add an annotation with a link to your channel). Is this OK with you? It's not like I'm taking any credit for them.

1. Nope I don't get stuck, no camera problems or any of that stuff.
2. Actually there is two pyramids in the back. I haven't taken the time to think about why it they are there. Decoration probably, but when you get to the distance you need to see them from normal ground they are in the distant fog.
3. What you did with the video is perfectly fine. I don't mind people showing my stuff as long as it is for a good purpose. :)

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts
I got my copy today. I extracted the data files, looks quite moddable to me.

jamesster

I got my copy today. I extracted the data files, looks quite moddable to me.

Heh, it's EXTREMELY easy to mod, just look at Segatendo's mods! :P
I'm gonna try out your modded files today.
EDIT: Ok, your modded files work great! Now, how do you get inside? Getting above it easy, but inside...

legomoe

legomoe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Hay! Good news everyone! I've successfully managed to get untextured 3d model data out of LEGO Island 2 .msh files!

Heres a screenshot of the terrain of LEGO Island.
http://www.brickshel..._2_land_msh.png

And Segatendo, I watched your video on how you got inside the secret area in the desert, your very ingenious!
I'm glad smart people like you and jamesster are putting my tool's to good use!

jamesster

Hay! Good news everyone! I've successfully managed to get untextured 3d model data out of LEGO Island 2 .msh files!

And Segatendo, I watched your video on how you got inside the secret area in the desert, your very ingenious!

Legomoe, you ROCK. Now all we need is a way to mod .col files and we're set!
EDIT: Wait... Is it just me or is it inverted?

legomoe

legomoe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Legomoe, you ROCK. Now all we need is a way to mod .col files and we're set!
EDIT: Wait... Is it just me or is it inverted?

No, its facing the right way out, it just looks a little funny in the picture because I scaled it down in my 3D modeling program so it would fit in the viewports better.
Don't worry, the unscaled version looks better.

Xiron

That is great news!

brickshelf.com currently doesn't want to load so I'll have to check the picture another time. :\
Next day edit: ok now it says file not found. :(

Why thank you legomoe.
Anyone who hasn't seen my video on how I got in and wants to see it can watch it:
Spoiler

Now all we need is a way to mod .col files and we're set!

So true.

jamesster

Legomoe, great job on the bob/bod extractor. Would you happen to have any idea how to extract the .JAM file in LEGO Racers?
http://www.rockraide...-lego-racers-1/
I'm dying to restore some of the stuff from those beta screenshots...

Xiron

Can you reupload it please. I never got to see it.

Legomoe, great job on the bob/bod extractor. Would you happen to have any idea how to extract the .JAM file in LEGO Racers?
http://www.rockraide...-lego-racers-1/
I'm dying to restore some of the stuff from those beta screenshots...

I'm dieing to mod LR2. :af:

Baz

Baz

A Figment of Your Imagination

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
I loved lego island 2 for all its exploits, particularly on the desert levels. I remember that particular spot and tried my hardest to get in there but without luck. My favorite was getting on top of the trees in the jungle area. When you went over to the tribal people area before it was unlocked, when you talked to them, they wouldn't say anything.