• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
Okay, I must be doing SOMETHING wrong. Literally every time I try this, it ignores it and asks me to put in the CD. Does this only work with certain releases of it?

Xiron

bartvbl, you, and I have that problem, so I think yes.

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
I'm trying to get IXS to run on my desktop, but it's so slow in the drive that it doesn't even register the CD, which is why I need to use the no CD trick. but noooooo it has to hate me.

le717

Just tried this with my copy of IXS I just received. It crashed on the first cutscene when running from the disc; with the no-CD trick, runs perfectly. Thanks!

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

Just tried this with my copy of IXS I just received. It crashed on the first cutscene when running from the disc; with the no-CD trick, runs perfectly. Thanks!

OS release version and packs?

le717

OS release version and packs?

You're gonna hate this...

Windows 8 Core (read: not Pro), 64-bit, no admin rights or compatibility modes.

It probably also has something to do with my copy...

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

oh yeah, I forgot about Win8 running it. So XP and 8 may run it, but Vista and 7 won't???? /:|

le717

Again, I think it is my copy. I tried it on my laptop (Win8) with the CD again, and it crashed on the first cutscene (like before). I installed it on the family PC (Win7) this morning and tested it: With CD, crashes on the first loading transition after I clicked New Game. No-CD: Works perfectly.

Xiron

Could it be the game has a problem reading from the disc? Cause gameplay seems fine/crashless when it can get past the loading freezing, from what I've seen so far.