Photo

Running LEGO Island Xtreme Stunts without a Disc

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Cirevam

It's similar because Sparky's patch will let you play the game without the CD, just like Cyrem's method will. The difference is that Sparky's patch edits the EXE. Like Baz said, legality is foggy here. Though I have to wonder how a crack would let you run the game without a CD if certain files are stored exclusively on the CD in the first place...

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
I actually tried this, and it just keeps giving me the message it gave bartbvl. Is it supposed to? And then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? It doesn't even load the EXE file like it does when it crashes 100% of the time.

Baz

Baz

A Figment of Your Imagination

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
I can't even get it to run with a disc...

Granted, I haven't put that much effort into trying to fix it besides looking for that stupid patch that isn't available anywhere anymore except in the form of Trojan viruses. Crashes on start-up every time, compatibility modes don't seem to do crap. This game isn't really worth the effort imo...

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

This game isn't really worth the effort imo

But it is. It's easily one of the best LEGO games out there. I think.
Honestly, I haven't played it in years (I have a computer it works on, but it's so slow).

Baz

Baz

A Figment of Your Imagination

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
Ugh well maybe when I get moved into my new apartment I'll take another whack at it. Maybe I just have a faulty disk or something. I got it at a flea market for 5 bucks way back when but I never got it to work >.>

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
Okay, I must be doing SOMETHING wrong. Literally every time I try this, it ignores it and asks me to put in the CD. Does this only work with certain releases of it?

Xiron

bartvbl, you, and I have that problem, so I think yes.

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
I'm trying to get IXS to run on my desktop, but it's so slow in the drive that it doesn't even register the CD, which is why I need to use the no CD trick. but noooooo it has to hate me.

le717

Just tried this with my copy of IXS I just received. It crashed on the first cutscene when running from the disc; with the no-CD trick, runs perfectly. Thanks!

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

Just tried this with my copy of IXS I just received. It crashed on the first cutscene when running from the disc; with the no-CD trick, runs perfectly. Thanks!

OS release version and packs?

le717

OS release version and packs?

You're gonna hate this...

Windows 8 Core (read: not Pro), 64-bit, no admin rights or compatibility modes.

It probably also has something to do with my copy...

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

oh yeah, I forgot about Win8 running it. So XP and 8 may run it, but Vista and 7 won't???? /:|

le717

Again, I think it is my copy. I tried it on my laptop (Win8) with the CD again, and it crashed on the first cutscene (like before). I installed it on the family PC (Win7) this morning and tested it: With CD, crashes on the first loading transition after I clicked New Game. No-CD: Works perfectly.

Xiron

Could it be the game has a problem reading from the disc? Cause gameplay seems fine/crashless when it can get past the loading freezing, from what I've seen so far.