• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,768 posts
Got my copy of Island Xtreme Stunts today I made this.

Running LEGO Island Xtreme Stunts without a Disc is quite simple actually. By default the game keeps all it's data on the game disc. So doing this will make it run without the disc.However you will need the disc to copy data from.

1. On the disc, copy the folders titled 'cd' and 'cdc'. You'll find these in the "LIXS" folder on the disc.
2. Paste these folders in the directory you installed the game to.
3. Create a shortcut to 'Game.exe'. This is the LEGO Island Xtreme Stunts executable.
4. Open the properties of the shortcut and change the target to:
"C:\Program Files\LEGO Interactive\Island Xtreme Stunts\Game.exe" "C:\Program Files\LEGO Interactive\Island Xtreme Stunts\cd\" "C:\Program Files\LEGO Interactive\Island Xtreme Stunts\cdc\"

Of course you will need to adjust this to the location on your computer. But the basic format is <Game exe path> <cd folder path> <cdc folder path>. You'll have to make sure you write ou the full path like above because when I tried a relative path the game just froze.

And that's it. Enjoy.
  • MrEightThreeOne, le717 and dellr thanked this

bartvbl

bartvbl

g33k

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
It seems to work for me :)
Posted Image
Now I just need to get rid of this error message.. :/
  • Lair and Xiron thanked this

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Retired Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,768 posts

It seems to work for me :)
[attachment=341:yay.JPG]
Now I just need to get rid of this error message.. :/

Erm, usually that comes up for me if I run 'FindDisc.exe" or a shortcut made by the installer.

bartvbl

bartvbl

g33k

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Take it from me that I modified the shortcut according to the way you did it ;)

thetoolraider

I can't even run it WITH the disc!

McJobless

Start a support topic and we might be able to help you out.

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

Very few can.

Xiron

Very few can.

Indeed. Lair and I are victims of this problem.

Sharkly

I don't mean to complain Cyrem, but didn't you just remove the links and lock a topic I made about LEGO Alpha Team (No-CD)? I believe this is quite the same thing when all is taken into consideration.

thetoolraider

I don't mean to complain Cyrem, but didn't you just remove the links and lock a topic I made about LEGO Alpha Team (No-CD)? I believe this is quite the same thing when all is taken into consideration.

Yeah, Mods do things like that all the time.

Sharkly

Yeah, Mods do things like that all the time.

Touche, but Cyrem isn't a mod.

Baz

Baz

A Figment of Your Imagination

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

There's a difference between cracking the game and copying a few folders from the CD (which you can do with resources that you own entirely, which is not the case with the crack, unless you make the crack yourself and only you use it). The former isn't terribly legal as far as I know, and since we already have taken quite enough liberties with modifying game files, it wouldn't hurt to be a little cautious ;)

Sharkly

There's a difference between cracking the game and copying a few folders from the CD (which you can do with resources that you own entirely, which is not the case with the crack, unless you make the crack yourself and only you use it). The former isn't terribly legal as far as I know, and since we already have taken quite enough liberties with modifying game files, it wouldn't hurt to be a little cautious ;)

Yes, I see. I'm not distributing files though it still requires that you own the CD to install. So basically any legalities fall unto the user.

mumboking

I got IXS and Stunt Rally today. However, the IXS disc has parts of the reflective surface scratched, so the disc won't work. :rf:

Lair

Lair

Toilet Buster

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

How is this even similar?