Photo

Island Xtreme Stunts

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

MrEightThreeOne

Actually, this glitch only affects Encore's reissue. The original release is fine. I luckily have the original release.

AcePilot90

AcePilot90

Ace

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
Am I the only person who could actually fully play this game with no problems as a kid?
And it was on an eMachines, too.

MrEightThreeOne

Windows 98SE is the only OS known to play the game without problems. On some XP machines, it will. On others, you will need compatibility mode. It hasn't been known to work on Vista or 7 whatsoever.

mumboking

I haven't played it for long periods of time, but it works on 7 for me.
I have a Focus release double pack with Stunt Rally.

Xiron

Am I the only person who could actually fully play this game with no problems as a kid?

Played it as a kid no problem, on Windows XP.

AcePilot90

AcePilot90

Ace

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Windows 98SE is the only OS known to play the game without problems. On some XP machines, it will. On others, you will need compatibility mode. It hasn't been known to work on Vista or 7 whatsoever.

Works on my Windows 7, I believe you have to tun it diskless (extract cd, cdc folders to the games directory, and add some stuff to the properties of the .exe) I dunno, though, flawless for me.

Lair

Lair

Elite Member

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

and add some stuff to the properties of the .exe

Specify? I'd very much like to know.
  • Xiron thanked this

AcePilot90

AcePilot90

Ace

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
Something like "-cd -cdc"
But you must get those folders from the disc.
I'm not sure if that's really it, as I'm not on my computer right now, I'll tell you the properties (or whatever) tomorrow.

mumboking

I'm not sure if that's really it, as I'm not on my computer right now, I'll tell you the properties (or whatever) tomorrow.

I have my game running discless.
It was crashing when using the disc, but I assumed it's because my disc has a scratched reflective surface.
Copying the files to my hard drive seemed to work fine.

AcePilot90

AcePilot90

Ace

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

I have my game running discless.
It was crashing when using the disc, but I assumed it's because my disc has a scratched reflective surface.
Copying the files to my hard drive seemed to work fine.

You found it, yay.
I've had my disk since I was about 7. I got it at Toys R Us. So it obviously took quite a lot of beating through time.

MrEightThreeOne

Sorry to bump this thread, but it looks like I'm wrong after all. After nearly a year of never having any trouble with saving, a file with 99% went corrupt. The only reason it had 99% was that I couldn't find the last few brickimals for the life of me. Anyway, I guess it's just a glitch that happens unpredictably. It can take one overwrite to happen, or it can take 9,001. Then again, I suppose I should just be happy the game still works, considering that new graphics card I got about a week back.

dellr

Guys this may sound like a joke but setting the installer to xp compatibility and the other files on the cd to 98 compatibllity and the files that the installer installs on to your computer to 98 compatibility will allow the game to work with the cd and I tested this on my vista computer and it works!

Xiron

The game doesn't even start for me when I do that.

-Using Win 7 Home Premium

mumboking

Guys this may sound like a joke but setting the installer to xp compatibility and the other files on the cd to 98 compatibllity and the files that the installer installs on to your computer to 98 compatibility will allow the game to work with the cd and I tested this on my vista computer and it works!

The question is, why would you want to run it with a disc when there's a way to run it discless without patching?

Xiron

The question is, why would you want to run it with a disc when there's a way to run it discless without patching?

Because the diskless version doesn't work for everyone (like bartvbl, and I), which brings up my unanswered question again: Was there a rerelease of the game that changed a few things? Because of that reason of some not being able to run discless, and also because I know some people have saving bugs and others don't. (I didn't actually get IXS in it's own case, but in some 'Kids collection' with other games.)