Hex Convert

JrMasterModelBuilder

JrMasterModelBuilder

UPDATE: 8/10/11

I decided to update my program recently. I corrected how the UINT calculation would turn negative at a certain number, and also added binary to the list of conversion formats, as well as some minor convenience updates.

Version 2 can be downloaded for Windows, Mac, and Linux as well as a SWF for stand-alone players here:

http://www.mediafire.../?sn8ssl1ic7my8

I made this a while ago because I'm too lazy to re-calculate decimal/hex/hex values over and over again and I couldn't find such a program already online, I decided to make my own automatic calculator. I've been using it for a little while and it turned out to be even more useful then I thought it would be so I thought maybe someone else would find it useful.

It's pretty simple. You type space separated Hex, Decimal, or ASCII data in and it converts it to the other formats. I'm not sure the ASCII support is all that accurate and the decimal value calculation stops at a certain point but other than that it works really well.

As I made it with Flash, I have cross-platform executables:

Windows

Mac

Linux

JrMasterModelBuilder

That's better than the ones I found but it still can't calculate the decimal value.

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome program, great for dealing with the .map files :af:

And I've seen hex to int converters online, but not all of these together before (or at least not before TheDoctor's link)

(it's not grave digging until three months are over! :P )

great for dealing with the .map files :af:

How exactly would it help with map files? You don't work with them on a decimal basis and if you use MC you don't even need to work with the HEX.

• 2 weeks later...

Alternatively, you can use google calculator.

Just search for <number> in <base> and it'll do it's magic. Doesn't do ASCII though.

Example:

"10 in hex" - returns A

"0xA in binary" - returns 1010

"0b1010 in decimal" - returns 10

Alternatively, you can use google calculator.

Just search for <number> in <base> and it'll do it's magic. Doesn't do ASCII though.

Example:

"10 in hex" - returns A

"0xA in binary" - returns 1010

"0b1010 in decimal" - returns 10

Yeah, but he made this program. IT'S SPECIAL TO US!

• 1 month later...
JrMasterModelBuilder

If you are one of the people who found this utility useful, check the topic post. I have just released a new version that fixes the old bugs and has more features.

• 1 year later...

Topic bump! :P

This tool has proved useful to me. If you ever update/rewrite this, two requests:

1: Possible option to add 00 in the hex field to denote spaces

2: command line options (example: "hexconvert -h 43 -a", which converts hex to ascii). Perhaps a batch converter for long strings, using a file (haha, so unlikely. :P)

JrMasterModelBuilder

Topic bump! :P

This tool has proved useful to me. If you ever update/rewrite this, two requests:

1: Possible option to add 00 in the hex field to denote spaces

2: command line options (example: "hexconvert -h 43 -a", which converts hex to ascii). Perhaps a batch converter for long strings, using a file (haha, so unlikely. :P)

I've been thinking of a rewrite in Python, so #2 should be possible. Not sure I understand #1. 0x20 is a space, 0x00 is null.

I've been thinking of a rewrite in Python, so #2 should be possible. Not sure I understand #1. 0x20 is a space, 0x00 is null.

My bad. Despite what you told me, I still somehow thought 0x00 was a space. :P Ignore that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.