Gephyrophobia

RockmoddeR

3 hours of work, and this is it: Collect 200 crystals to conquer your fear of bridges.

https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/Mod_Map_Gephyrophobia_490459.zip Download if you like long, fun, Pr0 maps.

The Soleutator

I played through this. Good level, it really gave me a scare until I realized that I wasn't completely and utterly screwed. In the end, the recharge seam saved me.

med_gallery_1599_121_2397.jpg

On a more critical note, the overall level design was great, much like a puzzle that I had to work my way through. I did lose all of my rock raiders that were on foot at some point though, due to rock raiders constantly walking over lava around corners, or the raiders sitting on tiles that eroded into lava. The huge change in elevation did look awkward, though it didn't seem to cause any issues. There were also at least 4 crystal seams that only had access from the lava, and drilling in from the back caused them to come tumbling down, though with no energy crystals to offer. I'm not sure if this was designed to taunt players, or what. Luckily, the mission can be completed without them.

The map is also named very well, IMHO. I learned a new word and got over that fear while playing this map.

Yes, the seams by lava are there to taunt you, but more to make you keep exploring. The elevation change wasn't intended to be so drastic, I'll fix that in the next release. I'll also have to fix the emerge times for the .cfg, because lake of fire has no monsters originally.

The Soleutator

Yes, the seams by lava are there to taunt you, but more to make you keep exploring. The elevation change wasn't intended to be so drastic, I'll fix that in the next release. I'll also have to fix the emerge times for the .cfg, because lake of fire has no monsters originally.

Monsters would make things a bit more interesting, although there aren't a whole lot of extra energy crystals to share and still make the objective. It would require you to be a bit more careful.

Exactly. I wish that the level properties weren't defined in the .cfg, but oh well. Once I fix the heightmap and the monster emerges and maybe a few more tweaks I'll release the next BETA. Keep in mind that this isn't the final version.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • Administrators
ShadowDraikana

@RockmoddeR

I was kind of confused and slightly disoriented on this level; height map needs some work.

Other than that, it was a fairly straightforward mission.  Build a base, collect 200 crystals.  Piece of cake.  

Something I felt that needs to be added to the download is a level cfg.  Would make it a lot easier to install the map.  This would have also avoided me somehow forgetting to link up the erosion map properly.  No harm done, as there isn't much going on there anyway.  

One big problem I saw when looking at it with Cyrem's map creator was with the emerge map.  All of the emerges are in solid rock walls.  I was wondering where the monsters were, and this was my answer.  One simple solution would be change all the solid rock walls where the emerges are to hard rock or something.  Regardless, this is something that really should have been caught in the development of the map.  

There is also a cave directly to the southeast of the starting cavern that is revealed at the start.  Not sure why this is the case, since there is no reason for it to not be hidden in the dugg map.

Other than those issues, the map was pretty involved with the puzzle-solving and everything.  Nice, fun little challenge of a map.

As a bonus, I also learned a new word by finding this map :D  

• 3 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.