The Open Rock Raiders Podcast (More Specifically: Orr-C)

Addictgamer

Latest Episode

Episode 1: http://webspace.globeuniversity.edu/nickolas.kluzak/ORR%20E1.mp3

Participants: ftgsarge and addictgamer

This is the first podcast I've been in. Take it easy on me.

Archive

Episode 1: http://webspace.globeuniversity.edu/nickolas.kluzak/ORR%20E1.mp3

Participants: FTGSarge and addictgamer

This is the first podcast I've been in. Take it easy on me.

Please excuse my speaking skills.

Editing or not, I listened to the first ten-ish minutes, noticing how Sarge was completely uninterested and was reading questions off index cards, and then looked at the progress bar and saw that I was only a third of the way through. I closed the window then started typing this post to tell you that while it was good to hear about addict's ideas, listening to someone who sounds like he's doing volunteer work and really doesn't want to be there is not a good experience. If you sounded like you were alive, I probably would have listened to the whole thing.

Holy cow, addictgamer has a voice! Amazing how people sound different to what you think they would in real life. I kinda agree with the above posts, FTG sounded tired... But the ending, how you were trying to figure out what chief says, that was funny. Do more of that sort of thing during the podcast and it would make it more lively.

• 2 weeks later...

No offence addict (and, in extension, FTG), but I think making a podcast is a waste of time and rather silly in general - you've only made one episode in the 12 days since you started it, and it just takes time off your coding. If people have questions, they can post them in topics rather than wasting time listening to a 10-minute podcast for 6 seconds of useful information.

So basically, I'd say focus on the wiki article, the forum and the code rather than making a podcast.

1. No offence addict (and, in extension, FTG), but I think making a podcast is a waste of time and rather silly in general -

2. you've only made one episode in the 12 days since you started it,

3. and it just takes time off your coding.

4. If people have questions, they can post them in topics rather than wasting time listening to a 10-minute podcast for 6 seconds of useful information.

5. So basically, I'd say focus on the wiki article, the forum and the code rather than making a podcast.

1. I think making a podcast is a good use of time.

2. So? Not my fault I'm rarely available for voice and computer related stuff.

3. False. I do these in my breaks from programming. If I weren't doing the podcast, I'd be playing games.

4. They should post in topics. But listening to a podcast isn't a waste of time. If it is to some one, then they shouldn't listen to it in the first place.

5. I am focusing on the programming.

You are making it sound as if the podcasts are a waste of time.

I think making a podcast is a waste of time

Maybe because that's exactly what he said it was? Also, I'm likely not going to listen to any of your podcasts...

Could you get me in the next one??

If you accept low quality mics (Xbox Live Quality), I could maybe help. Our most recent podcast (A 7EPS Podcast Project) for some reason isn't working (Azergouihjopls blames it on this and that but I blame it on the fact he isn't recording everything right) has gone down the bucket list for now until we re-configure, and I am free until Feb next year (Aussie time).

I am free until Feb next year (Aussie time).

Wait... so when would that be in Pacific Standard Time?

:P

lol but seriously that's in Australian Eastern Standard Time.

I am free until Feb next year (Aussie time).

Wait... so when would that be in Pacific Standard Time?

:P

lol but seriously that's in Australian Eastern Standard Time.

What the crap do time zones have to do with months? Except for a few hours delay during month transitions, there's no correlation between time zones and months.

Do you have skype?

If you accept low quality mics (Xbox Live Quality), I could maybe help. Our most recent podcast (A 7EPS Podcast Project) for some reason isn't working (Azergouihjopls blames it on this and that but I blame it on the fact he isn't recording everything right) has gone down the bucket list for now until we re-configure, and I am free until Feb next year (Aussie time).

Do you have skype?

If the questions have yes as an answer, then my answer is "We can try."

Do you have skype?

Add xx7xxxPowersxx...apparently Extreme110 is unavaliable.

Of course we can.

Okay, people want to participate in making it. Who here, other than addict and ftgsarge, actually listened to the whole thing?

And lol at

Okay, people want to participate in making it. Who here, other than addict and ftgsarge, actually listened to the whole thing?

And lol at

I did.

Me.

Alright. Sent you skype contact request, Extreme.

Also, guys, I need content for next podcast. What will we be doing? Etc.

One idea: We (whoever participates in the next podcast) could redo the first podcast...

Alright. Sent you skype contact request, Extreme.

Also, guys, I need content for next podcast. What will we be doing? Etc.

One idea: We (whoever participates in the next podcast) could redo the first podcast...

We could go into all the errors you've been having so far on the development roadshow...or we could redo the first one. Either way, I plan on being highly energetic.

I won't be able to do a podcast till at least tomorrow though, I have to attend a Year 10 Mass at 9:30, then I'm going to the Shops with my friends...

Do you have skype?

Do you have skype?

Uhh... No. I don't have Skype, or even an IPod Touch... Actually, now that I think of it... What could I say about a project that I have nothing to do with? At first I thought that this was something on RRU in general, not a project. But if there's any podcast on RRU in general, sign me up!

Wait... is Skype available on the computer as well? Am I completely wrong!?!? Man, I'm such a NoOb...

1. What could I say about a project that I have nothing to do with?

2. But if there's any podcast on RRU in general, sign me up!

2. Wait... is Skype available on the computer as well?

1. You could work as an interviewer and ask Addict or other people questions about ORR... or maybe you could be a "narrator" of sorts... or w/e Addict/someone else can think of for you to do.

2. That's something else people here could think about doing.

3. Skype is available for computer... in fact, I thought that was the only thing it was available for. You'll need a mic though for the podcast (most laptops have one by default).

Yeah, mine has a mic, just not Internet when I want, so I need to go to the library or something. Right now, I'm using my mom's desktop, but I can't use Skype on it. ಠ_ಠ

As for narrating... I'd love to do thatI I could use some awesome faux British accent or something! I'd LOVE to do that! I'll download Skype as soon as I get to My laptop.

Yeah, mine has a mic, just not Internet when I want, so I need to go to the library or something. Right now, I'm using my mom's desktop, but I can't use Skype on it. ಠ_ಠ

As for narrating... I'd love to do thatI I could use some awesome faux British accent or something! I'd LOVE to do that! I'll download Skype as soon as I get to My laptop.

Hmm...Well...Let's see...We can try :)

Make sure to tell me your skype account name.

This will make 4 people who are able to contribute.

All that needs to be done:

A) I gain access to the mic compatible computer.

B) We all are online (or at least enough of us)

C) We get a topic/content for the next podcast.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.