Purple Crystals?

Delibird444

I know this may be a "noobish" question, but I never encountered it while playing through the game...

I was just wondering what the purple energy crystals are; are they hidden somewhere in a level or something?

Also, what are the mining lasers and recharge seams used for? I never once used those while playing the game...

Thanks.

I know this may be a "noobish" question, but I never encountered it while playing through the game...

1. I was just wondering what the purple energy crystals are; are they hidden somewhere in a level or something?

2. Also, what are the mining lasers and recharge seams used for? I never once used those while playing the game...

Thanks.

Those 2 are absolutaly related. Really.

Purple Energy Crystals are ones that have been drained of Power.

Vehicle/Building laser drain crystals in X amount of shots (varies per laser)

Slimey Slugs attacking HQ can also drain crystals.

Recharge Seams can turn them into normal crystals again.

I assume you've warded off all slug attacks.

Try a laser sometime on Rock Hard. You'll learn all about Purple Crystals.

In Rock Raiders, purple crystals refer to normal energy crystals drained of their power, becoming a dull purple/grey.

Not to be confused with the super-powerful purple energy crystals, which glow a bright pink/purple hue and provide massive amounts of energy (Seen in Atlantis and LEGO Battles).

In Rock Raiders, purple crystals refer to normal energy crystals drained of their power, becoming a dull purple/grey.

Not to be confused with the super-powerful purple energy crystals, which glow a bright pink/purple hue and provide massive amounts of energy (Seen in Atlantis and LEGO Battles).

I wonder if that's a Red Crystal on steroids

Crystal steroids :af:

That would be painful.

Only if you snuff it[/offtopic]

Back on topic. The mining lasers are better used as defense turrets since they're really not that effective at mining walls in the first place.

Tauka Usanake

Crystal steroids :af:

That would be painful.

Only if you snuff it[/offtopic]

Back on topic. The mining lasers are better used as defense turrets since they're really not that effective at mining walls in the first place.

Man I keep missing with those lasers. D: Once I blew up three of my power paths one after another and then shot through my support station. :|

[...]

Some advice here:

-If you can't find a recharge seam nearby, there's probably no recharge seam, so don't use mining lasers for obvious reasons...

-It's always useful to set the recharge energy crystal priority somewhere above "Construction", so you don't run out of crystals mid-way. Also useful as your RRs will (sometimes?) try to finish a building before recharging the ECs when the building needs some ECs.

[...]

Some advice here:

-If you can't find a recharge seam nearby, there's probably no recharge seam, so don't use mining lasers for obvious reasons...

-It's always useful to set the recharge energy crystal priority somewhere above "Construction", so you don't run out of crystals mid-way. Also useful as your RRs will (sometimes?) try to finish a building before recharging the ECs when the building needs some ECs.

ORIGINAL SEAMS:

- Rock Hard has 2 in the first cavern.

- Hot Stuff has 2 near your base.

- Rocky Horror has one. Go up the tunnel to the right. I usualy move my base here.

I usualy set Recharge as Priority 1 on all levels. Even though only 2 have usefull seams. Lol.

[...]

Some advice here:

ORIGINAL SEAMS:

- Rocky Horror has one. Go up the tunnel to the right. I usually move my base here.

I usually set Recharge as Priority 1 on all levels. Even though only 2 have useful seams. Lol.

There are only 3 levels with recharge seams?

DDI fails again.

[...]

Some advice here:

ORIGINAL SEAMS:

- Rocky Horror has one. Go up the tunnel to the right. I usually move my base here.

I usually set Recharge as Priority 1 on all levels. Even though only 2 have useful seams. Lol.

There are only 3 levels with recharge seams?

DDI fails again.

Why the heck do you have lasers when there are only 3 levels with rechargers and one of them they're not even of any use (hot stuff seams are worthless as lava will destroy them anyhow)

Someone's forgetting Frozen Frenzy. That level has one seam a few squares north of your base. It might be useful there as you can build a Mining Laser next to the path that leads to the Tunnel Transport and use it as a manual defense against the Ice Monsters that come out.

Someone's forgetting Frozen Frenzy. That level has one seam a few squares north of your base. It might be useful there as you can build a Mining Laser next to the path that leads to the Tunnel Transport and use it as a manual defense against the Ice Monsters that come out.

Since when did Frozen Frenzy ever have the tunnel transport?

Have you ever played Rock Raiders? The entire point of Frozen Frenzy is to get to the Tunnel Transport. Seriously. It's like no one has played that one specific level. All of you must be blind or have really short memories.

Since when did Frozen Frenzy ever have the tunnel transport?

Then please tell me what level had the Tunnel Transport.

And now I'm wondering why none of us exept Cirevam remember that level.

The Tunnel Transport must be modded in order to be usable. If you turn off NERPS and get to the TT without the mod, you can't do anything with the vehicle; in fact, it almost acts like a boat since it has a greyed-out Go To Docks button. Maybe the reason I remember everything about Frozen Frenzy is because that's my test level for practically everything, but we're getting off-topic. Back to purple crystals.

I find it odd that the most powerful crystals amongst the two games are red, and the least powerful are purple, with green in between. As you know, purple light and red light are the boundaries of the visible spectrum, with purple having the most energy and red having the least... what? Shouldn't it be the opposite?

I find it odd that the most powerful crystals amongst the two games are red, and the least powerful are purple, with green in between. As you know, purple light and red light are the boundaries of the visible spectrum, with purple having the most energy and red having the least... what? Shouldn't it be the opposite?

That's true in terms of electromagnetic (radiant) energy... but what if we're talking about an electrical, chemical, or nuclear energy? The color of a material doesn't necessarily rate the potential energy of the substance.

Edit: There are 9 types of energy. Electrical, Chemical, Nuclear, Thermal, Radiant, Sound, Gravitational, Mechanical, and Motion.

The crystals are likely one of the first five types I've listed. Based on the videos, the crystals change physically to a fluid (liquid/gas/plasma). There unfortunately is not enough visual evidence to say that there was a change chemically, so I'd say the type of energy is either thermal, electrical, or radiant. There's also a possibility that there's an unknown energy type (somewhere out there in the cosmos) that these crystals store.

Cirevam, why does it sometimes appear as though there are only a few intelligent members? How can you guys forget about the tunnel transport, not to mention frozen frenzy? It's the FIRST real level with monsters.

Maybe some people haven't played that level in several years. Remember, this game is a decade old, and there are plenty of members who joined after having found their disks after a long time. Since we're a modding site, it's likely that most people would turn on -testlevels and just go back to levels that they couldn't complete and forget about the easier ones.

Anyways, radiant energy seems interesting. The crystals could act like energy sponges, then monsters could extract the energy. The crystals could be recharged through a sort of energy osmosis, so as long as the seam has enough energy. Of course, I have no idea how all of that would work... then again, I'm just throwing my thoughts out there in case someone can make sense of it.

lol, my theory uses the fact that plasma releases electromagnetic energy. Monsters eat the energy crystals because it "powers" them. Slugs drain the electromagnetic charge, and so do lasers. A slug that drinks the power completely from a crystal also drinks out the plasma, turning the crystal gray.

And the plasma is at a lower energy level, so it doesn't burn stuff.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.