New Level 12: Water Works

Matt

Hey everyone,

I finally decided to make a new map :D . This time I decided to edit the level Water Works. However, as you can't, of yet, edit previous level maps in the the .5 map editor (well I couldn't, might have missed an obvious way), I made this in the old .4 version, which was where I made my previous maps, instead of waiting for Cyrem to bring out a new version where you can edit old files. The older version still works well, but you can't edit the height of the land, so there are some strange rock shapes due to the height of land in this map.

Advanced warning: I have tryed to make this mission as hard as possible. Some parts of it may seem impossible, but there is a way. You should also allow a lot of time, as this is likely to take you a good few hours if you intend to complete it fully.

Map Name: New Level 12: Water Works

Back Story: N/A

Map Objective: Same as Original + Collect 100 Crystals

Difficulty: Very Hard

Download Link: Download

I also have a new .npl file (thanks Cyrem!), so the objective has been changed to 100 energy crystals. I have put more than that in the map, to allow you to create the numerous buildings and vehicles that you will need. It may be a good idea to disable the energy crystal priority once you have enough for your creations, to be sure you don't accidentally finish the level before you have reached the missing Rock Raiders.

~Matt~

__________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE: I will probably update this map too once a new map tool has been released. (I'll probably change height values, and maybe even add in some monsters.)

(Original map made on June 15th, 2009.)

What happens if you do find the lost raiders? Something special, or just a superficial reward? On that note, what happens if you don't find them? Do you fail the mission or lost your chances of 100%-ing it?

No, nothing special happens when you find them. It would be good if we could change the npl to make you win once you find them, so if anyone knows how to do that now? Currently it just changes the objective to 100 crystals, rather than the original 20, to give you more lee-way to build the buildings and vehicles that you will need.

As I've said before, the purpose of this level was to be as difficult as possible to get the the missing Raiders. If you manage to do so, I congratulate you on doing so, and you have proven some good Raidering skills.

As far as I know, only LordZakida has managed to complete this level.

Indeed, that would be the way to do it.

It's just that I personally don't really understand HEX very well, so I probably wouldn't have a clue what to look for. Also, Cyrem made the .npl for me in this map, so I don't even know how to change the crystal amount. -.-

However, if I get some spare time and if I feel the urge, I may try and teach myself how to understand it.

If anyone else wants to work out how to change an objective to finding lost Raiders, feel free. I'd be very grateful if you did succeed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.