The Nightmare Begins...

Sharkly

This was meant to be a level one replacement. Sorry its a little boring but my maps will get better! I have a few more minor adjustments to make. Please, comment. Thanks guys!

Download

• Like 1

Sorry its a little boring but my maps will get better!

Actually, no it looks like a good level design.

Still yet to test, I was waiting for the update so I will try it shortly.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
ShadowDraikana

@Sharkly I see no reason for you to apologize for it being "boring."  

I agree with Cyrem; the map was very well thought out and designed.

There isn't much to the level other than being wary of the lurking spiders, snakes and monsters (Oh my!).  I really tiptoed my way through this one since in my mod the snakes and spiders are pretty dangerous little pests.  Monsters are also quite a handful, so I did my best to not disturb them.  Throw in my ridiculously high oxygen depletion rate, and this one was fairly challenging.

Having a starting Tool Store does help in a big way, especially since you need dynamite on this level.  My only issue with this is the cavern containing the Tool Store you need to find (as in the original Driller Night) makes it feel a bit strange with having a second TS.  

Fun fact: building a power path and placing a Tool Store in game will trigger Chief's NERPS message.

I do agree with @Anonymouse in that you should update the topic with a message stating that the snake and spider must be enabled to use the map.  Obviously you can also just edit the object list if you don't want to enable snakes/spiders.  Some kind of note about either method would work.

Either way, I really liked this small map.  Great job!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.